UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll probably buy white Sandero, but was wondering if metallic paint is more durable and weather resistant? Or is it more about the aesthetics than anything else?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'll probably buy white Sandero, but was wondering if metallic paint is more durable and weather resistant? Or is it more about the aesthetics than anything else?
I often wonder that' what exactly do we get for our £500+ extra. As for aesthetics well that boils down to personal preference' I think the currant 'free' white is one of the best colours in the range

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
I think it is unlikely that metallic paint is more durable than white.
I'm sure the extra cost is just a way of enhancing profit. My neighbour used to work in the paint shop at Nissan and claims that white paint is more expensive as it needs more pigment in it to cover the metal.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Buyers of the white have been finding it is rusting already, due to the thin layer used. I haven't heard any knockers of the metallic finish, and certainly can't grumble at mine (Stone)!

·
Registered
52 Posts
In fact posters in the original 'Have you got a Rusty Duster' thread originally started to wonder if it was just white dusters that were associated with rust problems as it was owners of white cars who first reported the problem on this forum. However it was fairly quickly concluded that metallic cars were being reported as having the rust problem as well (mine included). - particularly under the bonnet around the bolts that hold the wings on.

Funny how the 'white duster / rust' thing has become a generally accepted truth :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts