UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I have used the hands-free/Bluetooth function of the radio to make or receive a phone call the other party can hardly hear me. I have tested it for myself too. The sound of my voice is too quiet and there is a lot of distortion. Is this a widespread issue or just mine?

Dacia Classic Radio

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a similar problem although volume is acceptable. Distortion is a problem though and speech only received via one speaker - naff system!!!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Not the best call quality, but not too bad. People can hear me ok as long as I'm not doing 80+.

But the one speaker for calls is abysmal and needs to be rethought.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If your phone is connected by USB (ie if you're charging it) as well as Bluetooth it is known to cause distortion issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your helpful replies. It seems we all have similar sound quality issues. I experimented today with two phones; one phone connected to the radio using Bluetooth and the other I connected earphones and set that phone to mute to prevent feedback. I was then able to do test calls and hear how I sound through the microphone for myself. You're right, I could hear it, it was just about loud enough, but the distortion was terrible. I could really only make it work by speaking slowly and over-pronouncing the words, otherwise my words were too distorted to make out or some were missed completely as they were not even transmitted.

Now I have a better idea of how it sounds, I'll just use it for calls where low quality is acceptable.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I know its not the point

but how many £7000 cars have a fitted Bluetooth system. It might not be perfect but its a lot better then 3 points and a £60 fine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cheap car or not BT is not new technology and the standard on Dacia's is apalling considering BT is low cost to install. Skipping music, poor calls, makes one wonder why bother installing something so poor in what is otherwise a good motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
Renault/Dacia keep a list of compatible phones for this set. I don't have a copy, alas.

You can check software versions on the radio by switching it to FM, then holding down the AST and the 5 button together. The software version appears top right. Dealers should know if there is a software update for the radio.

My used Sandero Classic radio was made in 2013 and sounds fine on hands-free. My phone is a 2015 Moto E2 Android 6 (Marshmallow.) Works well. Car has the original mic above the rear-view mirror.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Speaking from experience i'v used a factory fitted unit ' a parrot (no bird jokes please) and a Jabra visor Bluetooth with the latter bizarrely being the clearest of the three.

·
Registered
7 Posts
with my old phone (if I remember correctly an Acer Liquid Z410) the bluetooth calling worked perfectly. Now with my Wileyfox Swift on android 5.1 people cant hear me and with the same phone on android 6.0 I cant even keep a bluetooth connection for longer then 2 seconds. So to me it seems the issues are also phone/software related and not completely the fault of the medianav.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts