UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Duster 1.5 DCI 2014
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Hoping someone can help me have a 2014 Renault Duster 1.5 DCI 90000 ks on the clock developed a miss fire
dash warning lights on ,did a scan cylinder 1 injector open circuit replaced the injector ran fine for 5 mins and then misfire returned.Swapped injectors around from cylinder 1 to 2 fault still on cylinder 1 tested connector with a node light getting pulse signal from ECU tested resistance on the wiring from ECU all checks out.
Did a compression test all within spec.
The vehicle has the Siemens electronics.
So am i bit stuck and closes Renault agent 200 ks from me.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Check for damaged wires. Or mice damage.
Open circuit usually means something is not connected or connecting. That could be a broken wire.

·
Registered
Duster 1.5 DCI 2014
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bernard think you have hit the nail right on the head i have been assuming no 1 cylinder is on the cambelt side.
Will put the new injector in the right side ...silly me or maybe the French do everything the opposite side as they do.
:rolleyes: will let you know the outcome thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
Duster 1.5 DCI 2014
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many many thanks to the members on this forum especially Jim 1064 and Bernard Sausage for there input..... happy Duster again after realizing my silly mistake assuming cylinder 1 is from the timing belt side of the motor and not the flywheel side popped new injector into the correct cylinder all hundreds.
Been fault finding for weeks even two mechanics got it wrong as i believe most cars cylinder 1 is on the timing belt side anyway learnt a lot regarding fault finding etc so not a complete waste of time.
:D:D:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Lol. #1 was always front pulley side.
They do it on purpose you know.
The designers have a row with their Mrs the night before and the whole world has to pay for it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts