UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just booking my car in for its 12000 service in two weeks time and making sure that I have any snagging sorted and the parts are there waiting for it at the service. I noticed only this week the the front door drains do not have rubber flap grommets on the front holes only on my car. The rear doors have grommets in front and back holes and the front ones only have them in the rear holes. Can you guys check your cars and let me know if the front door front holes should have grommets or not?
If they should I will ask for them to be replaced at the service.
Photo below showing the hole with no grommet.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have noticed thi also. Checked a couple of other cars at dealership and they are same. If you put your hand inside the door pocket while driving you will notice a draft. Presume this is due to missing grommet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
i'm pretty sure this is meant to be like this...

when it rains...the water runs down the window....and then though the slot by the window....and it then needs to drain out....or the door would fill with water...

as far as I'm aware...most modern doors are designed to have the water pass through like this....weird as though this sounds....

so ...don't bung the hole up....its meant to be like this.....i think !!!

DM x

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
My Duster Access, one of the first to be imported, has no rubber flap grommets in any of the drains in its four doors.
Do you know what? I don't care!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm pretty sure this is meant to be like this...

when it rains...the water runs down the window....and then though the slot by the window....and it then needs to drain out....or the door would fill with water...

as far as I'm aware...most modern doors are designed to have the water pass through like this....weird as though this sounds....

so ...don't bung the hole up....its meant to be like this.....i think !!!

DM x
The grommets are a type of one way flap that allow water out from the door but not in !
Not too bothered about them but I thought I would ask anyway ;)
Will check the showroom model when I drop my car off

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi tallywag

I really want to reassure you that your car is as its meant to be...

when I had all the issues and carry on with the seals and george is leaking ...

I asked about that hole....quite specifically....and each and every hole, seal and join on the door and also the adjoining part of the body work and the "door hole and/or aperture"....wondering where the water was coming in...

and each were explained quite thoroughly

I was told that the hole you are concerned about...

had to be left open to let the water run through the door, and there was no bung in any of the showroom or demonstrator ones...

if you don't....the water can't drain...the door fills up with water...and potentially you have an issue with rust later on...

so you should check they are clear regularly and no leaves etc have accumulated...or random bits are blocking it...

So pretty certain your photo is as it should be.... :)

after all the issues which were sorted perfectly under the warranty......and almost 3 months of waiting...

and then the redesigning or the door seals....long one and aperture....

etc etc etc....that turned into a veritable saga....

they would not have left a hole for water to leak into George or risked further issues with water ingress......believe me !

So please be reassured...that your car is as its meant to be...

DM x :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK guys thanks for the feedback in that case only snag to be sorted at my 12000 mile service is to put in the missing rubber grommets on the underside of the car (covered in another thread), these have already been ordered in and are waiting for me. It has been 12000 miles of care free motoring.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
OK guys thanks for the feedback in that case only snag to be sorted at my 12000 mile service is to put in the missing rubber grommets on the underside of the car (covered in another thread), these have already been ordered in and are waiting for me. It has been 12000 miles of care free motoring.
I've checked mine and the only ones I can see missing is the underside ones the same,and small area of undersell missing as previous posts ill visit dealer to sort.

Badger Sent from his iPhone using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app. Mariana blue laureate duster 4x2

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
That's underseal not undersell ....autocorrect

Badger Sent from his iPhone using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app. Mariana blue laureate duster 4x2

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Do we really have draughty door pockets? They didn't mention it in the manual - tut tut Dacia! :D :D Please add "And if you are wondering how to keep your lunch-time snack cool, please be aware that ......."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts