UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any ambiance or access owners are having any troubles with the lack of air on?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
no george :wub: is not steaming up, despite the fact he drips on me when it rains.......

If you look at the central console, and focus on the big heat selector knob.....underneath it is a kind of lever that swings left to right.

If you put it to the right, then all the air coming into the car, comes from outside, and is fresher...and means condensation is not re-circulating.

It might help your situation

DM

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, if it's no issue with george hopefully it won't be an issue with mine when it arrives!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
wouldn't have thought so....just get fresh air in and in all my cars, I've never condensated....apart from when i'm wet thru when I get in....

Not had any trouble....and don't imagine I will....!

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
My experience of Aircon on a Hyundai that, when you turn it off, on cold damp days, the windows mist up much faster than if you didn't have aircon.

Its great for clearing the mist, but that's because it condenses the moisture out of the air, and then when you turn it off, that moisture evaporates off the innards of the aircon and mists up your windows quicker.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ideal, cheers guys!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Access 4 X 2 . No air con. Fan to screen seems to clear any condensation very quickly. Only need low speed fan setting to achieve this.

Reactions: uncleG

·
Registered
10 Posts
My experience of Aircon on a Hyundai that, when you turn it off, on cold damp days, the windows mist up much faster than if you didn't have aircon.

Its great for clearing the mist, but that's because it condenses the moisture out of the air, and then when you turn it off, that moisture evaporates off the innards of the aircon and mists up your windows quicker.
Similar on the 2 Nissan X-Trails I had. Interestingly, on those, when you selected "screen" on heater, it automatically switched A/C on.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The thing about using the air con to de-mist windows is that it cools the surface down at the same time and when the dry air stops any moisture is going to condensate on the colder glass again. Use the air con along with warm air from the heater if you can to combat this.

Reactions: uncleG
1 - 11 of 11 Posts