UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an MP3/4 player that is compatible with my 2022 Duster. I usually use an Ipod classic on other cars but it won't connect .
I'm going to buy an MP£/4 for my favourite music but before I do it would be good if someone else could suggest something
Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not sure if this helps, but I use my mobile playing flac files from a micro-SD via a short USBC cable to the media player - It bypasses the file size limits of USB sticks, and in theory you should be able to pack loads more mp3s than I have flac albums on a memory card.
I was surprised to see all the albums and tracks listed on the media display, so can use either the mobile's display or the one on the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I'm a bit out of my depth with FLAC files - I've got 28gb of MP3 files just waiting to go into something simple that will play. The Media system is saying max 32gb so the 70gb of music on my Ipod is just trapped there ( at least when I'm in the car.) Love the Duster but this is quite a snag!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the response. I'm a bit out of my depth with FLAC files - I've got 28gb of MP3 files just waiting to go into something simple that will play. The Media system is saying max 32gb so the 70gb of music on my Ipod is just trapped there ( at least when I'm in the car.) Love the Duster but this is quite a snag!
Flac is how most of my music is stored, making good use of the mobile's excellent DAC, but that's not the point I was attempting to make - File handling allocation is a limitation of what the Media Player can handle by direct access to external storage, that does not limit capacity on your mobile, that is a different limit.
I just checked what is stored as FLAC on the micro-SD for my LG, 113Gb files. ;) and ALL of it is displayed on the car's screen, go figure.

I don't use the Apple environment, but years ago I backed up a guys Ipod using info off the web then transferred it all to another device for him - Long forgotten what was involved but it was a pretty simple batch conversion to enable the file type to be recognised.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to the guys who offered advice. The easiest solution would be to use a 3.5 jack from my Ipod into the media system but for some reason my 2022 doesn't have one. However I have found a very cheap and easy solution. I purchased an FM transmitter which works from the 3.5 jack on my ipod and transmits to my radio on an unused frequency. £11 ish from amazon and now I have access to all 70GB. No screen info sadly so but I can use the Ipod.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks to the guys who offered advice. The easiest solution would be to use a 3.5 jack from my Ipod into the media system but for some reason my 2022 doesn't have one. However I have found a very cheap and easy solution. I purchased an FM transmitter which works from the 3.5 jack on my ipod and transmits to my radio on an unused frequency. £11 ish from amazon and now I have access to all 70GB. No screen info sadly so but I can use the Ipod.

Thanks again guys
Bet U could have solved it cheaper: Amazon.com : iphone music adapter
Cable - but it works ;o)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts