UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, first timer here, got my new Dacia Stepway in June 2015, happy with it, my query is - how do you get your MP3 files on either your phone or a USB stick to Display Album Art, ie, generally the front cover of the album, my files play all right but there is no artwork, a bit frustrating, when the same files are played on the computer they appear ok, but not in media nav, is there a certain specific tag in the file that is needed, has anybody any information on this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello

You are correct in stating that files that display album art on your PC will not display the same when the file is copied on another device via USB or similar. This is because the file attributes required to display the album art are not automatically transferred when the file is copied.

You need to obtain a MP3 tag editor, these are freely available on the web and manually save the album art to the newly copied file on the USB stick. Here is the link that I used to obtain mine. www.mp3tag.de/en

Hope this helps

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info Bob. Funny enough I got the MP3 tag program, and re-tagged all my MP3s, put all the albums in their folders, and also made copies of each individual song for the root folder, this allows me to do a shuffle on all my songs when I am on the root, and also select an individual album, as and when required, and this program worked a treat, as all the songs are now displaying Album Art. My original question was aimed at the mp3s on my Bluetooth phone, as they were not displaying Album Art, I thought it was just that Blue Tooth did not do this, but I am going to delete all my phone songs, then put all my songs from my memory stick, on to my phone, that should do the trick, if not then I guess that Bluetooth does not do an Art transfer.

Cheers for the reply.

George

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
You are correct that BT doesn't display artwork on the MediaNav, not even a placeholder icon for it (eg the blank CD that you get when you play via a direct connection).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts