UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there been keeping a check of their actual mpg being achieved as i only achieved 52mpg on my 1st full fill up and wanted to know if this improves over time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't picked mine up yet but I've probably read nearly every thread on the forum while waiting. From what I have read it does improve over time and it also appears to make a difference if you have ECO turned on. From what I've read most people seem to get a better MPG with ECO turned off.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Recent holiday in Denmark I got 62 MPG averaged over 2,600 Km (4.6 litres/100 km) . Car is still under 5000km.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Anybody out there been keeping a check of their actual mpg being achieved as i only achieved 52mpg on my 1st full fill up and wanted to know if this improves over time.
That sounds okay pre run in. You'd be surprised how many people on the forum quote the computer figures when asked about MPG.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Depends how you drive it, I've had mine 12 months and covered 20K, average is 55mpg, but I do spend a lot of time in rush hour and I'm not slow at getting to speed.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Depends how you drive it, I've had mine 12 months and covered 20K, average is 55mpg, but I do spend a lot of time in rush hour and I'm not slow at getting to speed.
Agree ! I would say mines about the same, town traffic & my driving too. If I drive with economy in mind I can easily get mid/low 70's, but it's boring !! :eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I calculate mine all manually too and I average 58mpg. I've done 4800 miles in 3 months, mainly "a road" driving. And I am not slow. Obviously traffic dictates speed quite a bit.
Eco mode makes no difference unless sat on a motorway with cruise control on imo. If anything I'd say it's worse on a and b road because it reduces power and takes more effort for acceleration etc uphills.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I calculate mine all manually too and I average 58mpg. I've done 4800 miles in 3 months, mainly "a road" driving. And I am not slow. Obviously traffic dictates speed quite a bit.
Eco mode makes no difference unless sat on a motorway with cruise control on imo. If anything I'd say it's worse on a and b road because it reduces power and takes more effort for acceleration etc uphills.
Totally agree with the use and effect of ECO mode ! ;)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
'Dave' has covered just under 30k miles now, my daily commute involves 15 miles of fast dual carraigeway and 8 miles of town roads each way. Most weekends are spent driving in and around London and the home counties. Most motorway work is done at NSL + 10%. I'm averaging between 55-58 mpg.

I have achieved 65-68 mpg, but that was on a long run and I kept the speed sub 60 mph.......oh and got bored stiff ;)

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I'm near half that on mileage and average is hitting around 62MPG. Mostly A and B roads, occasional duals and motorways.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Mine has crept up since purchase in September but not using heating controls etc since warmed up. I am hovering around 63 at the moment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts