UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my car for just over a week now and just travelled 250 miles down the M6.
MPG worked out at 52 mpg with eco , excellent , it's only done 500 miles and it was do smooth and responsive, cannot believe how good it is. Can I expect higher mpg when the engine is 'run in??

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have absolutely no doubt that I will struggle to achieve that. I only average 60mpg in my i20 which claims 78mpg. Mind you I would describe my driving style as somewhere between Driving Miss Daisy and Bullitt!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Lol, if I drive with absolutely no regard for other road users i.e. driving below the limit for no apparent reason I can eek out 70mpg. It never fails to amaze me that some people drive along with a massive queue of traffic behind them and never twig that they are the problem!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Lol, if I drive with absolutely no regard for other road users i.e. driving below the limit for no apparent reason I can eek out 70mpg. It never fails to amaze me that some people drive along with a massive queue of traffic behind them and never twig that they are the problem!
They are not the problem, the car behind them is. If you can't or won't pass a slow mover leave space for others to do it.

As for the OPs question, yes you should see an improvement as the engine frees up. Mine was good then got a bit worse them improved again and that seems to be fairly common.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
how do you pass a slow mover when there's cars coming the other way?
By bending time and space therefore occupying all points at the same time and therefore being able to be positioned in front and then unbending time and space.

Or just be patient and wait until its safe.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Slow is not me and I have some patience but not much! It's a Hyundai i20 1.1 3 cylinder diesel with a 6 speed 'box. It's a very nice car actually, so I hope I'm not stitching myself up with the move to the Duster :unsure:

·
Registered
985 Posts
It's fast enough when I'm driving. :D

Book top end is 99mph (I think) it's the non blue drive so I have aircon which I use most of the time. I drive 20 miles to work on country single carriageways and I'm usually the quickest along that stretch of road.

·
Registered
137 Posts
These shots taken today. They are example of Duster 1.5 dCi Laureate fuel consumption. It is not short term driving when you trying in a small fuel used squeez in as higher as possible result. Here is just everyday driving (52 gallons of diesel used) in combine cycle.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's fantastic, 1007.7 mpg.

I wish I could get that :lol:
What "fantastic" have you found? 52K miles shows just summary of the mileage from new from February 2016.

52 gallons fuel used shows measurement since last oil change ( at 49K miles)

It seems you definitely have not had even "C" at your GCSI `s or have a hard "brake" with humor.

Your sarcasm at least stupid.

·
Registered
985 Posts
These shots taken today. They are example of Duster 1.5 dCi Laureate fuel consumption. It is not short term driving when you trying in a small fuel used squeez in as higher as possible result. Here is just everyday driving (52 gallons of diesel used) in combine cycle.
Ouch. Terribly sorry to have offended your sensibilities. :unsure:

Sorry, I missed the part where you said it was since your last oil change at 49k. Service 49175 (ish) mls?

If it assists, I don't have a clue what a GCSI is! Sorry again.

·
Registered
137 Posts
52 gallons of diesel burnt on 3239 miles- this gives 60 mpg.
I've been not priciese not saying miliage since reset and only supplying full from new car purchased, but in everything should be kind of logics.
I would be happy (and everyone too) to coil in the clock 52k miles and use just 52 gallons)))

·
Registered
137 Posts
service 49175 (ish) mls?
Well..., I would not say it was service. Just oil change. My Duster never seen "service" as it supposed to be by service timetable page since new- only oil change and filters.

Now as I mentioned earlier , I run the engine on Kerax Hyperdrive synthetic 10W30 oil (API CJ4, ACEA E9-12). It is a marvel. Quite, smooth, DPF recycling occurrences not so often as on previous 5W30 oil (however this could be because better combustion - I add 60 ml of Nitro-Hexan to every 30 L of diesel into fuel tank , 1:500 proportion). Recommended oil change by it`s specs is every 18Kmiles, but I will obey the vendor`s recommendations- every 12K miles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts