UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Just had a quote to fit front and rear mudguards to my beloved stepway.
"£130"
Decided against! and have fitted them myself, after a bit of trimming front Nissan Qashqai ones.
The existing holes in the wheelarches are still used, therefore only having to Redrill a new hole on one on the flaps.
A really good fit,and have decided not to bother about the rears as they are doing a brilliant job of keeping the (White) Stepway clean.
Have also purchased and used plastic door protectors on my steppey to prevent other careless drivers opening doors against her!!
Self adhesive ones from Italy on Ebay £40.
Easy to fit.
Will try to post pics at the weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Timeliner I've had a look on ebay and it looks like they may have sold out!
The seller is called (AUTOCOSMETICA)
DACIA SANDERO STEPWAY 4 BLACK RUBBING STRIPS DOOR PROTECTORS SIDE PROTECTION KIT.
They came from Italy in 4 Working days priced
£40 plus £13 p+p
Hope this may be of some use to you???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I brought the same side strips as you did but they were sent without any instructions/measurements to fit perfectly.
Would you have a picture of the instructions.
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hi, I brought the same side strips as you did but they were sent without any instructions/measurements to fit perfectly.
Would you have a picture of the instructions.
Many thanks
Check in the end of the box, where I found mine... ing just give them a call and they will email you a copy..

But there is online instructions if you are in a hurry to fit them before the end of the weekend, here is a link for you...
http://shop.automotiva.co.uk/gb/installation-instructions/162-side-mouldings-installation-instructions-.html

**Tip** When I fitted mine a used a roll of masking tape, and ran a straight guide line from the front of the front door to the back of the back door along the top of the door crease... This helped me to get mine on perfectly straight..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I had a look to the online instructions and was for a Honda Jazz. Are the instructions you get for the stepway or for a universal fitment.
Mines a black stepway and the sloping crease line isn't that easy to gauge (or my eyesight is going ????)

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I had a look to the online instructions and was for a Honda Jazz. Are the instructions you get for the stepway or for a universal fitment.
Mines a black stepway and the sloping crease line isn't that easy to gauge (or my eyesight is going )
My Stepway is blue, and yea it is hard to see the top of the crease when you are fixing the trims on...
I used masking tape, ( the brown paper stuff like you use for decorating ) which I put along the crease to use as a guide line.

The instructions you get are basically the same as you see online....

The thing I done different to the colour pics you see online... is used the masking tape line and fitted the door strips under it...

Put one line of tape, right along the top edge of the top crease on both doors. ( so the bottom edge of the tape is in line with crease on the door )

I then put a tiny bit of tape on the edge of the doors to mark the clearance you have to do in between the front and back door trims ( 1mm from edge of door for rear trim, 3mm from edge of door for front trim

Then use the line and fit your door strips under the line, I fitted mine from the middle of the car remembering to start at the centre masking tape markers I put on for the clearance gap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts