UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you MediaNav users will be aware, it is a rather good system for navigation, as well as listening to your music from your phone via bluetooth - or however else you do it. However, the biggest downfall of the MediaNav system is the appalling quality of phone calls. Do you know if it is possible to have phone calls outputting to a bluetooth headset, and music out to the MediaNav system?

Thank you

Toby

·
Registered
224 Posts
Think a lot of people, myself included have the opposite problem to you.

Phone calls are great but music streaming is awful with lots of skipping.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Music does skip occasionally, I find that of you turn off WiFi and 3g, it works much better. I can often hear calls ok, unless im going more than 70, but the person on the other end can't hear me

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have the medianav and TBH I'm not a fan. It has a clunky interface, poor telephony (volume has to be cranked up at my end and the callers can't hear me well), no voice dialling which is simply astounding and the GPS mapping/software is a joke. I have the Renault integrated TomTom which apart from not having free map updates is great. My cheap i20 also had a very good telephony and music centred sound system. Dacia have obviously done the hard work but then stopped short of the mark. I'm sure further enhancements wouldn't have cost much more (if anything).

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely Widu, though I did the satnav good for the price, but agree it could be better.
Whichever 'genius' decided phone calls should only come from 1 speaker need to be shot. Agreed on voice dialling, though my phone has it, so when that works, it's not too bad.
It's LG that are at fault

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I thought the quality wasn't too bad, I talk to my dad quite often via the handsfree, I've never had any bother with reception apart from when my mum gets on the phone and feels the need to shout, which results in a crackling effect.
I had the Sony Bluetooth radio in my fiesta, the voice dialing used to infuriate me on that one, very rarely did what was asked... Although my local accent may have confused the thing... ;-)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have 32 Gig super small USB permanently in the USB port of the media nav, more than enough music than I will ever need. So no need for Bluetooth streaming music. No delays or streaming issues.

I use a Tom Tom for sat nav as the media nav sat nav is useless, in so many ways. And I need to be able to see the sat nav screen while using phone at the same time.

I do use media nav for phone calls, but agree it should have voice activated calling and much better sound quality.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a good idea, but you can see the satnav whilst on the phone :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts