UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i would write this thread to document any changes i make to the car and to post regular updates for anyone in the future wishing to purchase a sandero. i will also document any issues i have found with the car and how it holds up as a family car.

firstly, i brought a 1.5 dci sandero laureate spec in white. It came with "styling pack" which includes the front bumper grid, fog light surrounds and door sills. It also had the "special edition sports pack" added which includes a front spoiler, rear diffuser, side skirts and a roof spoiler all in black. Finally it has the "comfort pack" which includes rear electric windows and a leather steering wheel.

I went for the diesel because i do a minimum of 300 miles a week and the laureate spec as my wife is only 5ft 2 and the drivers seat only raises up and down in the laureate and prime specs. (not that she rarely drives it).

so i will start with my negatives. But to be clear before i start, they are all minor gripes and dont stop me from loving the car!!

• The foot blower is rubbish, and i mean terrible. to the point where i am going to pop it into dacia and check it isn't actually broken!!
  • There is no rest plate next to the clutch for long motorway journeys. There is just about enough room to get my size 9 foot in there but it is obviously just on the carpet.
  • The standard headlight bulbs are not very good and i will be replacing them before it gets any further into winter.
  • The old boot opening issue. would be lovely to have it on the fob because i have lost count of the number of times i have got out the car and walked to the back then need to use the key. (the only real issue with this is my wife left the keys in whilst raising the boot once but was promptly re-educated.)
  • I only have the standard radio/usb/bluetooth setup instead of media nav..... the huge knob smack bang in the middle tunes the radio and isn't for the volume!!! again, mainly an issue if i have a passenger as i have the steering controls but still trips me up occasionally.

ok, so onto the positives and the family/child based info;

• The front passenger airbag can be turned on and off to allow a seat in the front if you wish.
  • The material on the rear of the front seats just wipes clean with a cloth and isn't fabric like the seat itself. This is great if you have younger kids whose legs don't hang down and touch the back of the seats.
  • Without the seats in the back there is enough room for adults. probably a push if you are all over 6ft though.
  • The boot is large enough to fit an "umbrella fold" pram width ways. And we have yet to find a pram of any description that doesn't fit.
  • Car seats fit nicely in the back with no issues. The car does have isofix points but we don't use them. We have 2 recaro seats in the back, the "young sport" and the "young expert" which fit with no issues.
  • i have covered just over 6000 miles in 4.5 months and the car is brilliant. quiet, refined and the engine just seems to improve every mile added. I have an average mpg of 63 mpg driving 25 miles each way to work and back along a and b roads.

So there it is for now. I will add some photos to demonstrate some above points as soon as i can.

Any questions then fire away and hopefully i can answer them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[/quote]
[*]The front passenger airbag can be turned on and off to allow a seat in the front if you wish
[*]Without the seats in the back there is enough room for adults. probably a push if you are all over 6ft though. [/quote]

Just to be clear, the first point I am referring to the option of having a baby seat in the front.
And similarly with the second point, I mean with the baby seats removed (not the actual seats as it may have read) will allow ample room for adults instead.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they were what was on the car when It turned up at the dealers. I saw the car as they pulled it on the forecourt and brought it before anyone else looked. I thought they were just an optional extra but they aren't available in the catelogue.

After getting under the car and retrieving a part number off the alloy, they are "ronal r42". So really I'm not sure. They turned up on the car at the dealers so who knows what happened. ????

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
..fair enough: I stand corrected - again - twice in one night...

...they do look the part tho...

Joe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine was the same. I had wolfrace alloys which aint in the catalogue. I ordered steelies. So I didn't ask any questions when I went to collect it. But the black looks smart against the white

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks both of you. I like that it stands out a little but also quite subtle still.
You done well getting alloys in place of steelies rey. They look really nice with the red and white contrast.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As an update, the car went in for its first service today after nearly 10 months of ownership.
I also got a free 25 point check thrown in and they confirmed all tyres and brakes etc are good. (I check them regular anyway) No corrosion issues and I'm all good to go.
jaybee motors in banbury were very helpful and also collect and drop off the car too. ????
They also checked the headlight level on request and confirmed they were not aligned correctly so I look forward to my next venture in the dark to test them out now they are sorted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts