UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from Darlington (live in Ashford Kent), and on the way back hit the 100,000 miles barrier. I got the Logan on 29th ) October 2013, and it has never gone wrong, or not started. I have gone through some brake bits, some tyres, and swapped both the headlight bulbs and wiper blades for better very early on, but it has only ever needed service items. This is the first car I have owned that has done this.

Many of my friends and colleagues thought I was a little touched to buy a Logan (or Dacia in general), knowing the high mileage it would do, but several now are looking closer, and two have purchased.

It has not been without any niggles, I dislike the poor foot well heater, but that is all, and I need to get some pedal rubbers and the front mat replaced at the next service, but I think they have done their time, so I just wanted to tell any one who reads these forums whilst researching car purchases: based on my experience, buy one today. Fantastically cheap, high quality motoring without worries.

I am disappointed that the auto box story is so far from fruition (at least in the UK), that I will need to buy something other than a Dacia I think as my next car, although as soon as they are available, I will be buying another, as there is NO reason not to.

Tim

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just back from Darlington (live in Ashford Kent), and on the way back hit the 100,000 miles barrier. I got the Logan on 29th ) October 2013, and it has never gone wrong, or not started. I have gone through some brake bits, some tyres, and swapped both the headlight bulbs and wiper blades for better very early on, but it has only ever needed service items. This is the first car I have owned that has done this.

Many of my friends and colleagues thought I was a little touched to buy a Logan (or Dacia in general), knowing the high mileage it would do, but several now are looking closer, and two have purchased.

It has not been without any niggles, I dislike the poor foot well heater, but that is all, and I need to get some pedal rubbers and the front mat replaced at the next service, but I think they have done their time, so I just wanted to tell any one who reads these forums whilst researching car purchases: based on my experience, buy one today. Fantastically cheap, high quality motoring without worries.

I am disappointed that the auto box story is so far from fruition (at least in the UK), that I will need to buy something other than a Dacia I think as my next car, although as soon as they are available, I will be buying another, as there is NO reason not to.

Tim
Logan, Stepway and Sandero models are to get auto boxes soon, it's a box that was/is used in Clio but not fully auto and can be driven on an auto only licence.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Logan, Stepway and Sandero models are to get auto boxes soon, it's a box that was/is used in Clio but not fully auto and can be driven on an auto only licence.
There's a thread somewhere on this a few weeks back, there's no word yet as to when (or whether) this will find its way into RHD production. IIRC it was mated to an engine we don't (yet) get as an option. It would certainly be a sensible move to offer an auto, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts