UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the 2 front cup holders and the large rear on have been bugging me since I got Quackers! In the bottom of each one is a screw, they are a magnet for muck, and god forbid any liquid gets in there, it could be come a sticky mess :rolleyes:

Dirtyscrew.jpg

That was my problem!

So I was looking around for small rubber mats that would sit inside, that didn't come up trumps ..... then that eureka moment!!!! I still have loads of self adhesive carpet left from the overhead storage compartment and glove box. Before you thing what a dafty, I wasn't going to stick it down to the car. I started off making some templates out of card:

markingup.jpg

Then stuck the sheet to the carpet and cut them out. The pic above was the first template, I forgot to take a picture of the 2nd prototype but I did scan the finished article, you can see the difference:

cupbasetemplates.jpg

It can be downloaded from here if it's any use to anyone. You may have to make the centre bridge between the 2 circles a mm or so narrower.

Then the fitting:

frontfitted.jpg

and

rear.jpg

Doesn't that piano black attract the dust :(

What next ...... leather gear & handbrake gaiter?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Nice one but...now you have edges that muck can get down :lol: I was thinking I might fit some kind of power outlet into the front cup holder area, that or into the little receptical next to the cig lighter socket. That whole panel just pops off.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of putting an external temp gauge onto that panel just to the right of the outlet socket, just need to find one that suits as there are 2 switch blanks there so want something larger than them.

As for the muck down the sides, it was the lesser of 2 weevils, I'm happy with my weevil :p

Reactions: Troute

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Juju ....... and I thought Steve r would lower the tone :D

For my cars, furry nooks & crannies are de rigueur for other things, furry doesn't cut the mustard B)​

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You wish ............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts