UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an email to say my Logan has been dispatched from the UK Compound and should be here very soon, really hoping its here by the weekend so I can give it a good wax and get the stereo fitted, I will post up some pics as soon as I pick it up, getting excited now, these past three months seem to have taken forever.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's disappointing, its horrible waiting the last few days, they seem to go so slow. have just spoken to the dealer, should be ready for collection this afternoon

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well picked up the car this afternoon, I'm pleased with it so far, however it arrived with no roof bars fitted (the current brochure says there included on the access now, also listed on the oct 14 brochure I picked up the day I ordered) however that's no big deal, the dealer says he will speak to Dacia and see what they can do, but after a short drive tonight the ESC light came on and stayed lit for a good 10 mins or so, It has gone off now after turning the car off for a while, hopefully just a glitch.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I've had the car for a week so I thought I would post up my initial thoughts on the car,

Firstly my main concern when I ordered it was the 1.2 engine, I hadn't had a chance to test drive one with the 1.2 and a lot of people seem to have avoided it.

So far it's been fine, it's done nearly 100 miles now and seems to be freeing up the more it gets driven, it's certainly can't be described as quick but it does get up speed fine, and there's power to accelerate away at low rpm's.

It's fairly low geared so it's able to get into 5th gear at 35mph which is fine for town driving, I can't say it would be too relaxing on the motorway though, the revs would be pretty high by 70mph and the engine does get a bit noisy at 3k plus.

The other thing that struck me when I got it home was the sheer size of the thing, I had forgotten how big it was, even against my previous car (Legacy Estate) and not just in the boot either, there's plenty of room in the back for my daughters car seat plus 2 adults without having to move the seats forward at all. Also with no spare wheel there's a whopping space under the boot floor, which is a great way of storing shopping without it flying all over the boot.

Inside it's obviously pretty basic, lots of blanked off buttons and grey plastic, I might take off a few bits of interior trim and give them a coat of black gloss paint to add a bit of contrast. But that can wait. It all looks hard wearing though and the heater controls feel sturdy, although the seat fabric does feel very thin, and the door bins are rendered useless by having the window winder in the way. Also there's nowhere to put your right foot when it's off the clutch.

Handling wise it's pretty much the same as the car I test drove, plenty of grip and decent tyres fitted as standard (Continentals on mine) and it doesn't feel too soft, although it does lean into the corners and seems to get unsettled/bouncy if you hit a bump mid corner at any sort of speed, strangely it seems less apparent with weight in the back so I guess the suspension is designed with rough roads and carrying stuff in mind.

I went for the basic spec Access which is missing some features that are pretty much standard kit in everything these days. I have fitted a cheap head unit and I'm not too fussed about the way the boot opens by the key/leaver, or even winding my own windows, the major annoyance with the Access model is the locking mechanism, why you can't lock the doors while there open is a mystery to me. It would be very easy to leave one of the doors unlocked by accident, not too much of an issue in a little island, but in a major City this could be a real problem.

I would definitely recommend the 1.2 for people who are mainly doing town driving, it really is fine for this purpose, and I would think twice though if my commute involved a motorway.

Seeing as it only cost £6070 I can live without all the gadgets, I really do think its fantastic value, although I can see why others pay the extra few hundred quid for the Ambiance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Kev your opinion on the engine is very useful. Think I'm going to have to stretch to the TCe 0.9 for the motorway trips.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well I've had the car for a week so I thought I would post up my initial thoughts on the car,

Firstly my main concern when I ordered it was the 1.2 engine, I hadn't had a chance to test drive one with the 1.2 and a lot of people seem to have avoided it.
So far it's been fine, it's done nearly 100 miles now and seems to be freeing up the more it gets driven, it's certainly can't be described as quick but it does get up speed fine, and there's power to accelerate away at low rpm's.
It's fairly low geared so it's able to get into 5th gear at 35mph which is fine for town driving, I can't say it would be too relaxing on the motorway though, the revs would be pretty high by 70mph and the engine does get a bit noisy at 3k plus.

The other thing that struck me when I got it home was the sheer size of the thing, I had forgotten how big it was, even against my previous car (Legacy Estate) and not just in the boot either, there's plenty of room in the back for my daughters car seat plus 2 adults without having to move the seats forward at all. Also with no spare wheel there's a whopping space under the boot floor, which is a great way of storing shopping without it flying all over the boot.

Inside it's obviously pretty basic, lots of blanked off buttons and grey plastic, I might take off a few bits of interior trim and give them a coat of black gloss paint to add a bit of contrast. But that can wait. It all looks hard wearing though and the heater controls feel sturdy, although the seat fabric does feel very thin, and the door bins are rendered useless by having the window winder in the way. Also there's nowhere to put your right foot when it's off the clutch.

Handling wise it's pretty much the same as the car I test drove, plenty of grip and decent tyres fitted as standard (Continentals on mine) and it doesn't feel too soft, although it does lean into the corners and seems to get unsettled/bouncy if you hit a bump mid corner at any sort of speed, strangely it seems less apparent with weight in the back so I guess the suspension is designed with rough roads and carrying stuff in mind.

I went for the basic spec Access which is missing some features that are pretty much standard kit in everything these days. I have fitted a cheap head unit and I'm not too fussed about the way the boot opens by the key/leaver, or even winding my own windows, the major annoyance with the Access model is the locking mechanism, why you can't lock the doors while there open is a mystery to me. It would be very easy to leave one of the doors unlocked by accident, not too much of an issue in a little island, but in a major City this could be a real problem.

I would definitely recommend the 1.2 for people who are mainly doing town driving, it really is fine for this purpose, and I would think twice though if my commute involved a motorway.
Seeing as it only cost £6070 I can live without all the gadgets, I really do think its fantastic value, although I can see why others pay the extra few hundred quid for the Ambiance.
Hi Kev.

How are you getting along with the Logan Access? Do you still find the 1.2 adequate for your needs? Oh, and how come it only cost you £6070?

Many thanks

Clarkie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Mate, sorry for the late reply, yeah the Logan's been going great, had a little issue with the TCS light popping on after a few miles but the dealership sorted that out with a reset, been fine for a couple of weeks now.

Have only put 350 miles on the clock so far, so the engines still running in and have been keeping the revs down, its certainly not fast, but for town driving its fine, the gearings pretty low so it gets up to speed ok and can cruise at 35-40 in fifth. Loaded up with 5 of us the other day on a particularly steep hill it did struggle a bit but I kind of expected that. My major concern after I ordered it would be that it would be frustratingly slow to drive and get on my nerves, but to be honest it hasn't bothered me, although I wouldn't like to use it regularly with a car full on the motorway.

In Guernsey there's no VAT to pay, so my Logan was a bit cheaper than in England, in fact I think the basic Sandero comes in just under 5k here. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I thought its about time I got some pictures up, Its a nice sunny day so took a few snaps...

WP_20150410_14_27_30_Pro_zpsxdu411wn.jpg

WP_20150410_14_27_09_Pro_zpsfawyysvn.jpg

The seat cover I just had spare from my girlfriends car, not my choice honest...

WP_20150410_14_26_25_Pro_zps3lvcl4bc.jpg

The side protectors were ordered from the Dealership, and were dead easy to install, should hopefully protect the doors a little bit.

WP_20150407_19_20_32_Pro_zpsmnmokw3k.jpg

The other day after a quick valet, Menzerna powerlock used as sealant and a quick coat of Carpro Reload, protecting the plastics and glass

20150307_175139_zpskrr4pmlo.jpg

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Not bad at all, like the wheels.
Are the side protectors stick on? On mine it looks like they're bolted on through the body.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Forgot to mention that the side protectors really suit the Access!

Do you mind if I might me nosey and ask how much they cost??

Thanks a lot mate!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts