UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As well as driving trucks and managing in the office my side line is a bit of handyman work.

It's a no frills type of thing to keep prices low. Now I have to have a website according to wifey and the kids so I have bought the space and just put together a page that's to the point with no nonsense approach.

Now what I am after is some feedback, constructive criticism welcomed ;)

http://smithshandymanservice.co.uk/

Thanks folks :)

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure can...maybe in the future as its a bit of a drive lol

WHat do you think to the no frills approach of the site?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
As well as driving trucks and managing in the office my side line is a bit of handyman work.

It's a no frills type of thing to keep prices low. Now I have to have a website according to wifey and the kids so I have bought the space and just put together a page that's to the point with no nonsense approach.

Now what I am after is some feedback, constructive criticism welcomed ;)

http://smithshandymanservice.co.uk/

Thanks folks :)
very much good luck

contact google see what their offer is to buy searching features from them

for ur site to come up in google seach

nice ;)

·
Events Committee Member
1,022 Posts
Excellent Nick, like the no frills approach

1 thing,in line 1 it's 'principles' not 'priciples' apart from that spot on

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I would suggest putting somewhere prominent what area you cover. The web is worldwide and so anyone could be reading it from anywhere.

If they need your Smith Shandy Man-Services they need to know where you are. You might like to put something like "Areas covered:" and then a list of towns, so if someone googles using the town name as a search item it will come up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is a good start .........

but I think you need things like

...... what areas do you serve? what days of a week ? and hours ?

What software are you using to make the page ?

let me know and I will try and suggest a few small tweaks,

like clicking on you email address to open up an email client/app

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im just using the one.com freebie builder. I've added the location in the script so your verdicts are much appreciated.

I want to keep it plain and simple. Just one page that gives out a brief on what I do and where I am.

All ideas are gratefully accepted though :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
The handyman graphic at the bottom would look better at the top, with the tool guy in the middle somewhere if you want a seperator.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Some pictures of work you have undertaken would be useful, speaking as someone who's a buyer of such services. (But too far from you sadly)

Obviously not pictures of 'A lawn What I Have Mowed' but pictures of shelf units or flooring/tiling/fencing/what have you preferably with the price charged underneath it and the date it was completed. Keep them updated.

One thing that puts people like me off sites is having to ring up and have a chat with someone, I want to know you are in the ballpark I have in my mind before I even make contact. Life is too short to have 5 tradesman come round and quote me for a job, I want to pick someone reasonable who can do the job to a reasonable standard and just get them in to do it.

Another annoyance I find is no dating on websites. I look at a site and have no idea if people are still active or if it's a dead untended website.

Also unless you look like a complete Halloween scarecrow I like to see a picture of you, preferably in action. (Get back in your kennel Muttley before you lower the tone!!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
"Another annoyance I find is no dating on websites." is a good point ......

while the page is nice and simple, changing an odd line/paragraph here and there to suite a season

might be the way to go ......

as in 'while Christmas is round the corner .... why not have ...............'

or

'now spring is here ..... want your garden .............'

type things, it would only need a minor change every few months.

Now you have decided on a local area do not bother with trying to be noticed world wide,

keep your targets local.

Google 'Nottingham Handyman' and see what searches pop up. It may be worth submitting details to some .

Perhaps some flyers / cards to loosely match you page design could be utilised ?

Ralph

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looks good.....have you sorted Business cards Vista Print are VERY cheap if you need some

1 - 20 of 23 Posts