UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine is due to being a baggage handler at Manchester, and my job title is ramp agent team leader, and i'm a lad, hence Ramplad

Ben

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Mine is unicoder, see how many people know what Unicode is !

I'm a retired software / air frame / electronics engineer was with BAE systems, worked on apache ah64 helicopters , serviced them in Iraq ,Afghanistan and worked with AH-1w cobras USMC training.

Based for 3 years in Fort Hood, Texas.

All that should be a secret, so I'm told :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Many years ago we had an old clonker of a pc and the only ISP that would work on it was AOL. So we signed up and they gave us 5 email addresses. We have 4 children so each of them wanted an address leaving my wife Andie and I to share. Hence my screen name that I have used all over ever since.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mine is unicoder, see how many people know what Unicode is !
Too modern for me , mine was FORTRAN then to QL32 bit machine code , leading to GD92 , the GD92 that might give a clue what i did .

My handle , just got it wrong when i registered normally its dshart2 .

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Too modern for me , mine was FORTRAN then to QL32 bit machine code , leading to GD92 , the GD92 that might give a clue what i did .
GD92. Home office protocol , fire and rescue services :)

Out of interest anyone on here that's into amateur radio ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I do.....but not really for here ..... :-D

Reactions: Unicoder

·
Registered
310 Posts
Another boring one here I'm afraid, the names Mally & I'm 6'4".........The 3 "L"'s were a typo error in another forum & it has stuck ever since.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mine is fairly straight forward, I love Irish Whiskey :D as well as Scotch (Single Malt and good blends), American (Bourbon, Rye etc) Japanese and any other whisk(e)y I'm lucky enough to get my hands on :lol:

Was a bit of an obsession until the kids came along which has put a halt to my buying. Had over 500 bottles in my collection at one stage (both for investment and drinking) but that was a few years back ... now down sizing :wub: .

Reactions: Unicoder

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Mine is fairly straight forward, I love Irish Whiskey :D as well as Scotch (Single Malt and good blends), American (Bourbon, Rye etc) Japanese and any other whisk(e)y I'm lucky enough to get my hands on :lol:

Was a bit of an obsession until the kids came along which has put a halt to my buying. Had over 500 bottles in my collection at one stage (both for investment and drinking) but that was a few years back ... now down sizing :wub: .
must be an enjoyable experience down sizing

·
Registered
431 Posts
must be an enjoyable experience down sizing
Certainly is ;)

I actually have just under 70 bottles currently open which is me being good :mellow: as I had over 120 open at one stage .... but for me it is all about variety so when I go into my office I can pick what ever suits my mood. And before people start to panic these bottles have a long shelf life and it is not as if I'm drinking a bottle a day or anything ...

Sold some of the more collectable ones lately to get part or my down payment on the duster.

So it's all good. Whiskey can be a great investment if you can spend time on the research.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Mine comes form my name. Ionuţ and the triple zzz (the sleeping sound effect? ) because I'm too lazy sometimes. :lol:

Ionuţ is a Romanian boy name. The meaning of the name is `God is Gracious`.

Ionuţ = Yon-oots

(the strictly correct spelling is with a cedilla, a kind of little comma, under the T)

It's the diminutive form of Ion, "John", so would be like "Johnny".

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Certainly is ;)

I actually have just under 70 bottles currently open which is me being good :mellow: as I had over 120 open at one stage .... but for me it is all about variety so when I go into my office I can pick what ever suits my mood. And before people start to panic these bottles have a long shelf life and it is not as if I'm drinking a bottle a day or anything ...

Sold some of the more collectable ones lately to get part or my down payment on the duster.

So it's all good. Whiskey can be a great investment if you can spend time on the research.
Are you ever sober enough to drive :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Are you ever sober enough to drive :)
The odd time ;)

For me when drinking whiskey it is all about quality as opposed to quantity, that's what beer is for :lol: .

A glass of say a Laphroaig 18yo would probably last me longer than 3 glasses of your bog standard blend. However I'd prefer to pay €80 for the privilege of the bottle that will last me anything from 12-18 months rather than pay €10-15 a measure for it in a pub :eek:

But yes I'm weird :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my whiskey cabinet ...

IrishWhiskey001.jpg

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
GD92. Home office protocol , fire and rescue services :)

Out of interest anyone on here that's into amateur radio ?
Yes I am Licensed as G0EOJ with other calls having been G6GSN and also VP8CMX

Christ remember Fortran along with COBOL Filetab FTL3 (IIRC) long time ago now and some Forces stuff that can't be disclosed LOL.

Regards

Doug

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
The odd time ;)

For me when drinking whiskey it is all about quality as opposed to quantity, that's what beer is for :lol: .

A glass of say a Laphroaig 18yo would probably last me longer than 3 glasses of your bog standard blend. However I'd prefer to pay €80 for the privilege of the bottle that will last me anything from 12-18 months rather than pay €10-15 a measure for it in a pub :eek:

But yes I'm weird :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my whiskey cabinet ...

IrishWhiskey001.jpg
Don't suppose you've a bottle of Macallan 1926 going spare ? :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts