UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a noise coming from the front drivers side wheel iv got a duster 4x2 2013 and when you put your foot down say going up a hill its makes a loud humming noise been into garage now 3 times can't find a fault its driving me any ideas thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
You don't say how many miles your car has done, and I might be wide of the mark here, so apologies in advance if so, but I imagine Dusters are related quite closely to Qashqais and X-Trails, and they (particularly Qashquais) are well known for wearing out their front wheel bearings at quite low mileages, I believe (maybe Google it?).

In my experience, a worn wheel bearing makes a droning noise, which is louder when the affected wheel is turned away from straight ahead. It's not usually intermittent, the way you describe it, though, although maybe it's just starting to go. If the garage hasn't definitely ruled that out, it might be worth asking them to check. It would only show up on a test drive, I would think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you John for your reply my duster has done 45000miles but has been making this noise since I bought it a few months ago when it was on 40000 the garage say they checked the wheel bearing and say its fine they say they have checked all they can including the drive shaft it's back with them again next week for the 4th time so fingers crossed they find something .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts