UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I thought that some of you are patiently waiting for their Dusters to arrive, might want to hear how they perform after almost three years. I ordered my Duster back in March 2010 at the Belgian launch. I got it in June 2010. The model is 4x4 and pretty basic, a little like the UK access model. I did order aircon, front fog lights, cross bars, tow bar and rear seat split 40/60.

We needed a no nonsense 4x4 for our pretty poor roads in the Belgian Ardennes. All our of us drive it, mainly for local trips etc. Its the second car in the family.

I have no covered 156,000 kms in it. Apart from servicing, not a thing has gone wrong with it. It has been used to teach our two sons to drive, towing a box trailer etc. It gets us through the winter, manages most snow and icy roads.Good ground clearance gets us home safely, as we live down a track.

I was due to change after three years, but will keep it to five years.

Regards, frugal boy

·
Registered
193 Posts
that is definitely good to hear. There's always a concern with a 'cheap' car or basically a total bargain of a car that it may be unreliable for it.

Good to hear that your car has held up well in it's first 3 years. Lets hope it treats you as well for the next 2 years you own it.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
How's the interior holding up ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi , to answer both questions. It is a diesel. Petrol is 40+ cents a litre dearer than diesel here, so petrol cars are rarer. Fuel mpg has stayed around 5.6 to 6 ltr per 100 km.

Interior is holding up ok. Drivers seat a little worn, and plastic tends to scratch easy in load area, but to be honest its used as a run around, so we dont much bother ourselves about that.

hope that helps, frugalboy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A word about engine reliabilty. You have to remember that this engine has been in the logan mcv since end of 2006. I do know a guy who has had some engine problems, mainly electronic, but its a local taxi with 250,000 kms plus on it.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
No issues with the DPF / Injectors / DMF? That's my main worry with the diesel unit.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
as long as you give it good diesel no water in the fuel u ll not have any problems with the injectors, and ofcourse service it on regular basis, in romania the same engine is in the logan sedan or mcv and they are taxis with 4 5 600.000 km on board and only change once the injectors and that is because of the usage as taxis

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Do they have DMF's fitted then? They have a life expectancy of around 100k it seems to appear, and are expensive to replace.

·
Archived Member
372 Posts
Do they have DMF's fitted then? They have a life expectancy of around 100k it seems to appear, and are expensive to replace.
Dual mass flywheel, yes they have one.

Costs about £1000+ to replace. Don't know if its covered on warranty as it may be classed same as the clutch.

You need to read a warranty document to see if its covered .

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
No issues with the DPF / Injectors / DMF? That's my main worry with the diesel unit.
dpf in romania is about 100euros to regenerate on every they say 100k km. anyway the servicing on any diesel engine on any brand is more expensive that the petrol ones but more economical in case u want more torque make lots of milege etc...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts