UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm sure I have seen an options price list that includes a replacement media system with Android Auto/Apple Car play.

These are post production options. So that seems to suggest they could be added by the dealer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Apparently from July, Duster factory orders MediaNav comes with CarPlay and Android Auto built in.

At this point it is unknown if they have rebuilt the medianav system completely or if it is a module added to the back of it.
July this year? All orders are factory orders now. There are only a few diesel models in stock apart from that it's from the factory.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I might spring for the dealer added unit that comes with Android Auto.

Maybe not though, If I can get a decent phone holder android auto works on the phone now anyway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The current Media Nav unit runs Windows CE but from later this year (date unknown) it will switch to running Android. I know this only because if I go to the French software/map update site it asks me which 2018 version I have. Mine in my Duster 2 delivered late June is the definitely the Windows version. No idea when the changeover will happen the French web site for the unit just says LATE 2018. As far as I can see its the same or similar hardware or at least they look identical as the picture on the French web site of the two units is the same.

I just tested and with the current unit you can play music over Bluetooth from your Android phone (and just tried with my wife's iPhone too) BUT it doesn't look like you have much control over the phone just seems to work like a bluetooth speaker, but i'm nipping out soon so I'll have a better play. Not really tried it as I prefer USB stick method.
In other cars I have used that have Bluetooth you can use the microphone to control android auto.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can bluetooth music to the unit and on the Renault's you can use Siri too (not sure on the Dacia's, only because I don't recall seeing a speaker button on the steering wheel, but then I haven't been looking for one), possibly you can on new Duster.
It says "Siri eyes free" in the specs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have had my duster since Friday. I noticed today that the manual had a section for Android auto and apple car play. My system does not support Android auto however.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hmm.....
I was told on multiple occasions that CarPlay could not be enabled on my headunit, cos it required a hardware upgrade (on the usb side of things).
I was then told the CarPlay compatible unit couldn't be fitted in my car.

I get what you're saying, but from my perspective, now with hindsight , it looks like somebody was telling porkies.

As you say it could be down to bugs, as the headunit is full of them! I'd say that so far the CarPlay feature is the least buggy part of my medianav
I was also told the same. I wonder if the newer hardware has a faster CPU or something, maybe they didn't like the performance of the android auto.

More likely though is that it was a sales tactic to go along with the newer engines in early 2019.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As far as I can see from the various videos these are the steps to get to test mode.

- Insert usb with ini file
- Settings
- Version Information
- touch top left
- touch bottom left
- touch top right
- touch top middle
- touch bottom right
- Enter first passcode
- Delete pass code
- enter second passcode

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is anyone else struggling to get into the test menu. I got in once out of about 50 attempts. Is there an exact place you have to touch?

Is there an English video or site that explains it.

Is maddening that it came up once but I can't get to it to again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm actually pulling my hair out. I want android auto so bad. I just cannot get the password dialogue up again.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You said u couldn't get the password prompt up, my Dropbox vid should show the process up to getting the password prompt.

Top left and top right bubbles need to be lower, u need to press the top of the dark area not the light blue
I can't get the password print up. It's the random screen touches I can't get working on the system version screen.

So just under the light blue then. I assume the top left one is almost in alignment with the bottom left one? And the two on the right are in the right side.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here u are

Does my Dropbox movie not play up until the password prompt?
You my friend are a legend!

AA works. Although it does look a bit washed out and the options are not the same as they were in my Astra (can't find playlists is Spotify) but it works and so does the voice button on the steering wheel.

What is the latest firmware version for this head unit?
27910c2acdc1f0bac7af7e116d161278.jpg
ce260f1a34b5d7d4696a165de8009888.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I've been using Android auto for a couple of days now. So far it seems fine no issues. Apart from maybe the colours being slightly washed out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As an update I have been using Android Auto daily since I enabled it with no issues at all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts