UK Dacia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many Thanks Karl and Zackwolf and Lightening and others for this enlightenment. My dealer knew nothing of it.

I have owned my Duster II dci Blue Comfort (software 1.0.13.1 - apparently made in September 2018) for three weeks now. I am very pleased with it.
If I could only get Android Auto going (that I thought would be on it, but isn't), I'd be even more pleased!

I can get into the Test System quite easily (using the 5-button press system you have described, with the blank .ini file on a USB stick inserted). But the passkey combinations/ deletions - for both firmware versions you mention - all result in the message "invalid passkey". Any hints as to where I'm going wrong please?!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmmmm
So "6835" followed by "9377" doesn't work?

From what i remember reading, the codes are tied to the firmware version, so they SHOULD be the same on each headunit at the same firmware revision.

Are u sure you're deleting the first code properly before entering the second code.

I'll be ensuring my headunit NEVER gets a software update now, as my CarPlay has been rock steady since I enabled it.
I wont be risking not being able to get the unlock codes for future firmware releases (if they change them)

Maybe, get the dealership to give u the codes.
I don't believe for a moment that they don't have them.

A point to note, from a friend "in the know" is that Dacia/medianav will be paying apple a license fee for every headunit sold with CarPlay enabled:
That's why they may not be so keen to unlock/enable CarPlay on headunits sold with the feature turned off.
Even though, as demonstrated, the headunits blatantly support it, despite the lies we've been told

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many Thanks Lightening.

Yes, that combination of codes does get me into the Test System (I had omitted to click "OK" before deleting the first code!). But half of the menu options in the Test System are greyed out - including "Micom Test" if that's the one I need? So I'm one stage further on, but still missing something for now. Maybe the blank mcmtest_activate.ini Notepad file I have saved onto my USB (FAT32) stick? but I can't see anything wrong with that. So near but still so far!

PS. The Dealership Service Manager reckoned that licensing was probably an issue in all this, so your friend-in-the-know may be on to something there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Many Thanks Lightening.Yes, that combination of codes does get me into the Test System (I had omitted to click "OK" before deleting the first code!). But half of the menu options in the Test System are greyed out - including "Micom Test" if that's the one I need? So I'm one stage further on, but still missing something for now. Maybe the blank mcmtest_activate.ini Notepad file I have saved onto my USB (FAT32) stick? but I can't see anything wrong with that. So near but still so far!PS. The Dealership Service Manager reckoned that licensing was probably an issue in all this, so your friend-in-the-know may be on to something there.
You're almost there!

Make sure the .ini file is a .ini file and not .ini.txt

This is a common mistake on windows.
To check, use a command line window and do a "dir".
Google is your friend here.
You'll know when you've got it right , 'cos the windows icon for this file will change to one with a cog in it.

I achieved what I needed via a "rename" command on the command line.

Make sure the usb pendrive is freshly formatted, and the blank .ini file is the only file on the drive.

If you need step by step instructions, let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Lightening again.
After more mucking around with creating the ".ini" file on a USB stick (including trying swapping out/ reformatting various USB sticks and deleting double .ini file suffixes that it kept giving me and changing the encoding of the "ini" file to "Unicode" from the default of "ANSI" - not sure which of these bits were most important here), I have managed to un-grey the "micom" menu. And heypresto the rest of the procedure works for Android Auto, as Zackwolf's post of 1 May 2019!!!!! So all I need to do now is get my head around how much I want Android Auto to do for me (and whatever CarPlay does for Apple users)........ So once again: Many Many Many Thanks to all for your help on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm just confirming that Android Auto continues to work reliably for me, after enabling it 6 days ago, using the info in Zackwolf's email of 1 May 2019 and others.

It offers me two Navigation systems from my (fairly basic) Samsung smartphone - Google's "Waze", which works clearly and well; and "Googlemaps".
However, I got used to TomTom built-in to my previous Renault car. But from what I've read, I don't believe that Android Auto allows you to use the mobile version of TomTom. I haven't tried it. Has anyone else, I wonder?

·
Registered
5 Posts
In response to Lightening's post of 21 June (concerned about updating from software version 1.0.13.1 in case it messes things up): I just updated mine to 1.0.13.2 and I can confirm that Android Auto is still working OK. But I haven't tried Apple CarPlay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I foolishly updated to system 1.0.13.2 before finding this thread.

The codes would not work on this version but found these codes on the net:

Version 1.0.13.2.368_r49:
PW1: "4620" (PASSWORD_TEST_MODE)
PW2: "0688" (PASSWORD_ENGINEERING_MODE)
PW3: "2047" (PASSWORD_VERSION)

I entered 4620 OK, delete then 2047 OK this then got me into the system and I now have Android Auto fully working.

Now very happy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks everyone for your patient and kind help with this - it was a major issue for me as I bought the car at that time having understood from Paris car show last year that it would have A A that I need for accurate navigation for work. The built in unit has failed me on various occasions. I too had been told that AA was impossible and awaiting an android OS version of hardware unit. Even more I'd raised a complaint with dacia customer care on the issue with no response whatsoever. I don't think there's a reasonable excuse for not enabling the A A on these units. Mine works fine with Apple (but I don't use Apple) so I doubt it's processor power. The unit is unfailingly buggy and unpredictable, why disable just that bit. Even my DAB stations go haywire unpredictably. I want AA for the navigation info and there's the reason for all these vague evasions . Dacia licence mapping from HERE at probably a very good price and then sell us updates every few months. Old updates too. I paid more for Europe update alone than for a baseline android phone. It's a very good and regular income for them. I vowed I'd never do it again (when it got me lost in the Dolomites) and was just about to stick my old Garmin Sat Nav (free lifetime updates) back in the Duster when I saw this. I'm so pleased at this news and will give it a go today. Thank you so much for taking the time to help people through it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have been using Android Auto with my duster for months now every day with no issues. I was also amazed that it's just turned off. I can only assume that they were licensed for AA from a specific date onwards and that's why it was not enabled.

I have personally had no issues or bugs with my unit although I've only used the built in Sat Nav twice.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just tried the procedure. I can get to password stage, and although the old numbers don't work, the codes notes above by Giddy do seem to be accepted. All I get though is a short list of various data versions. No menu. I did have a USB inserted, freshly formatted fat35 with a saved empty unicode file titled as described and showing under windows as having a cog. Should there be something in the file. Do I have to insert the usb after entering the passwords ...I really hope I can make he final stage.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Update - Im pretty certain my usb ini code file is ok as I replaced it with an identical one, this time from a French source helping people. Same result. I tried also jnserting usb after passwords but it just said no media files in the usb...Im desperately hoping my recent update to 1.0.13.2 did not include some kind of block to test menu.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 121 Posts