UK Dacia Forum banner
81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is a finiky process. I turned my stereo completely off (press and hold) then inserted the usb. Then turned it back on. Then access the hidden password menu. If you entered the codes right and the minicom menu doesn't show I suspect something is wrong with your usb or file.

Keep at it. It took 2 nights of fiddling to sort mine out.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yep...those were the codes I used and just tried again. The codes aren't rejected as others are. I just dont get to any system menus. BTW I enter each code, following each one with pressing ok bar once.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Went for a drive. Tried again all variations. One last time I thought. This time also tried again 4620 and the 'engineering' pw which is 0688. And I was in...yay. I am so grateful to all posters, especially for specific help and encouragement. I am so cross they just plain lied about this. Im using AAs new black layout and it's clear and crisp.
c5b35aa526a4226b75195edbcf821071.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Went for a drive. Tried again all variations. One last time I thought. This time also tried again 4620 and the 'engineering' pw which is 0688. And I was in...yay. I am so grateful to all posters, especially for specific help and encouragement. I am so cross they just plain lied about this. Im using AAs new black layout and it's clear and crisp.
c5b35aa526a4226b75195edbcf821071.jpg

I had exactly the same experience. I asked Dacia on Twitter and I spoke to their customer service team and the dealership. It was thanks to @lightning_fingers that I got mine working.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a mate that I can't name Who confirms they have to pay a licensing fee for CarPlay and AA, therefore even if the hardware is capable, they just won't enable it due to licensing on old units.

That's no excuse to lie though. I was told, in writing, that my unit would and could not support carplay.
I've use it for over 6 months now even on ios13 beta, with absolutely no problems at all......

..... except, I have noticed that the sound controls are not obeyed in CarPlay mode (the eq, fab and balance).
A minor annoyance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick guide:
Google how to get to the test mode(even the old medianavs use the same technique just different password)
When you get to enter password, enter 6835 then ok.
Delete the code
Enter 9377 then ok
If it says invalid passkey as there is 2 different firmware versions use 8457 then ok then delete then 7777 then ok.
You should then be in the test menu.
To exit press the power button

If you have a usb in with a notepad file saved as mcmtest_activate.ini
You can enter the mimicon menu
Press Cp to on or aa to on (cp is CarPlay aa is android)
Press hard reset button (just means save config)
Press power button to exit
Take out usb
Media nav reboots
Plug in cable to usb and phone and it should pop up CarPlay
Maybe I will try to do a YouTube vid when I can get the time
Dude I was looking everywhere for a way to get Apple Carplay on my Media Nav and somehow stumbled across this topic.

I created an account just to thank you. THANK YOU
biggrin.png

·
Registered
145 Posts
Check your firmware to ensure you use the right passkeys...but....I thought medianav evolution came with carplay but not AA? Is it possible to do older MediaNav? Mine was evo so just curious.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Since I updated from 1.0.12.8 to 1.0.13.2, I've been going around in circles trying to get to the micom manager.

Thank god for this thread - especially giddy's post with his codes.

Anyway enabled Android Auto - and when I plug in my phone - AA loads.

The problem I have is - the microphone on the screen or on the steering wheel activates "lisening" but it does not respond to my voice - it cant hear me.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Feel sure you know this but I had to enable and play with settings in Android Auto on the phone. Am using the updated version. Even so there are glitches. Everything fine last week. This week I say Hi Google, send a text and it says Ok, and goes dead. Im more than happy I got google maps and waze on there but its annoying when something like voice control works perfectly, then it stops....good luck and do post any solutions.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello,
Since I updated from 1.0.12.8 to 1.0.13.2, I've been going around in circles trying to get to the micom manager.
Thank god for this thread - especially giddy's post with his codes.
Anyway enabled Android Auto - and when I plug in my phone - AA loads.
The problem I have is - the microphone on the screen or on the steering wheel activates "lisening" but it does not respond to my voice - it cant hear me.
Is there a setting I'm missing?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
The voice commands work fine for me. I use them all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Feel sure you know this but I had to enable and play with settings in Android Auto on the phone. Am using the updated version. Even so there are glitches. Everything fine last week. This week I say Hi Google, send a text and it says Ok, and goes dead. Im more than happy I got google maps and waze on there but its annoying when something like voice control works perfectly, then it stops....good luck and do post any solutions.

Thanks for reply
smile.png

Yes I looked in settings in AA and tweaked still nothing.

Uninstalled and reinstalled AA on phone same result.

Was getting late so gave up and went to bed.

This morning I uninstalled the Alexa app - just incase and nothing to loose.

Plugged in - low and behold everything works.

So really dont know if Alexa was causing the problem...

I'm also using the updated version - and I'm a very happy bunny
biggrin.png

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Guys,

New to all this and would like some more info please.

Firstly how to get back to the original medianav if you have to?

Also, does android auto keep all radio stuff, reversing camera etc?

What is the advantage of android auto?

TIA.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Android auto simply mirrors the android auto app on your smart phone so look at that for a feel. You get updated maps and live traffic free plus access to other apps like music by voice. It is not an add on or hack so you get everything you have plus access to aa. You just turn on the access they turned off before selling to you!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes. AA connects automatically by bluetooth or not, and theres an option to log out. It's an enhancement, not a replacement, and it's all built in. Not a hack.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts