UK Dacia Forum banner
101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok. Just follow the thread on the subject. Im abroad at present and connectivity haphazard. The file on an otherwise empty usb is empty. No content. Just correct filename. You then go through the process to access hidden menu to just switch aa on and exit. Check the thread. You need the correct codes for your software version. When enabled, you simply pair your phone with bluetooth if not done already, connect the phone via data cable to usb of car, and a small AA logo will appear bottom right on evo screen. You can stay in normal evo menu or press that logo to get AA functions. They work well together. Eg. You can listen to cars DAB radio while navigating via WAZE or google maps and it will of course flip to reversing camera as required. For some people the google or Amazon music is a bonus, for others podcasts. Personally, my priority is accurate navigation as I go to lots of new places to work, plus I like to be able to use voice to send sms and even WhatsApp messages. It's a little boyish I agree but I also like just asking Google questions like whats the weather like in my destination or equally whats the population of that town. Keeps me awake!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update

Got into system OK - Version 1.0.13.2.

Couple of extra steps needed once in the hidden menu, but eventually found the right one, Micom Test, touched into it and turned AA on. Saved fine and it is now active. However, when phone is connected there is no AA on the screen. Phone knows it is connected but although AA is active nothing on car screen. AA does not add car to app even though it is set to add new cars!

Have I done something wrong? USB connection fine, and bluetooth is on.

Here are the photos showing the first hidden menu and then inside the Micom Test page.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Back home now and just seen this. Ah. So you had it all along! Yes. I think vehicles made from Dec 18 and bought 2019 had it switched on. Probably AA and CP. Interesting that I can only have one or other switched on via enabling....not both. Not that it bothers me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for all this info, it took a while to find the secret screen areas to press, there's a video on you-know-where if you search for this: "hidden Micom Manager on LG Medianav Clio Mk4", this shows you the 5 points. Had to try it a few times to get it right and the screen changes to allow entry of the codes. Its a little unclear from the notes on the forum but once you get to the 1st micom screen you press "micom test", this brings you to the next screen where you can choose to turn on AA. Pressing hard reset after that does not appear to do anything but I gather this permanently saves the change you make. Great work from all the posters to find this info, as I was also told in no uncertain terms that AA was not available on my late 2018 duster.

Don't know if others realised but if you have the standard FM radio playing before using AA you can still listen to that and change radio preset channels using the cog wheel. Once you start playing media on AA you cannot get back to the FM radio unless you come out of AA and go back in again. Also, the USB socket location is not great as most people will have a cable obscuring the screen, unless you leave your phone up top against the closed middle air vent (have ordered a short USB-C cable to try this solution).

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi all been watching this with interest and have been trying the five fingered trick to get into the hidden menu well I have now managed to get to the part where you enter the password and am now sunk Ive tried all the different numbers in this thread but each time i put the first password 4620 etc. or others as soon as i press ok it says wrong password whatever numbers i put in its the same dont get as far to delete the numbers.

Think its because my software has been updated to Software Version: 1.0.13.3

I have an 86 reg Duster 2

cheers for any help John

·
Registered
145 Posts
Aside from switching from apple carplay to android auto mirroring, I didn't see anything else of real value although it is intriguing and interesting. The most useful bit is the clearly set out list of codes for different software versions. I used this method last year to switch my apple to android mirroring. It was worth it for me but I wont touch it again until I have to for fear of bricking the unit...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all I have followed all your helpful advice and found out that Apple carplay is already turned on on my car. I’ve tried turning off android but still nothing! Any idea on how I can get it to work??

·
Registered
2 Posts
forgive me as I'm a old twat

this file you talk about,,,,,,,mcmtest_activate.ini,,,,,,,,,do I create a new folder in the usb stick and then just type the file name as the folder,

I'm not keyed up to all this stuff,,,,thanks graham

·
Registered
145 Posts
Take care, from an old git to another. Find the full posts on thus and go carefully. You don't want to mess up your unit. You'll need the correct code for your firmware version for example. But essentially, yes. You don't need a file with anything in it. Just an empty file named as set out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take care, from an old git to another. Find the full posts on thus and go carefully. You don't want to mess up your unit. You'll need the correct code for your firmware version for example. But essentially, yes. You don't need a file with anything in it. Just an empty file named as set out.

this is mine 1.0.13.3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Absolutely legendary thank you, was getting worried ours didn’t have it! Had to grab the codes for 1.0.13.3 from the other link but worked like a charm!

• Type 9777
  • Press OK
  • Delete with the right button
  • Type 1757
  • Press OK

101 - 120 of 121 Posts