UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new Duster today after selling my sander stepway back to dealer after first year,

I was pleasantly surprised to see the parkin sensor display above rear view mirror that I've never seen advertised or talked about!

Minty :

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it tells you the distance on an led display and has two indicators I presume left and right and they light up yellow, red or green I think not tested it out properly yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it did but I was just expecting to see the same as my stepway just audible indicators, not some fancy display!

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I have that on on my 2013 Duster. There was a period where you just got the beeps and dealers were telling customers there had never been a display.

It goes red when you are within 1m at that side. Back up to something till it just goes red, then go look how far you are away.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep my Laurettes got this device and it works a treat. I find myself looking at it when reversing though, rather than outside, I like it.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Last week I pd £150 to the dealer to have parking sensors fitted b4 I got my Duster. I'm gutted after reading the posts here as it only beeps and not very loudly. Could have bought the camera kit and had it installed for under £100 ????

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
djsupport

Having spent most of today reversing towards all types of objects to test if I was being pernickety, I have come to the conclusion that the sensors themselves may be faulty as they did not make a sound when reversing towards a car but did when reversing round the corner of a flat green. So they can pick up a blade of grass but not car. I will be on the phone to the dealer in the morning prior to a scheduled visit on Wednesday to collect the parts they forgot ????

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
How many brick walls did you hit mandy ?? hehehehe
Well if you've ever seen the Ards peninsula you'll know there aren't many walls to hit b4 ending up in the lough or the sea. My babies still at the cute stage to risk a dip yet.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Unfortunately mine has no off-switch, when reversing the caravan it just becomes useless and annoying.
You wouldn't be needing an off switch with mine Chris 300. I've a feeling I'm not going to win the argument with the dealer tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts