UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
At this point in time no-one has any idea of the answer to that - in fact, it's likely you'll be the first to be in a position to do so! 馃檪
you Cant lol, What I have done is put iso fix in one seat and a strapped seat for children over age of 2 in the centre seat. That leaves one seat free to pop forward for rear access. I have also tried it with one child in the back with a strapped seat and the other in the isofix. This was actually better as my wife can then sit in the back and have reasonable access to both children. But if you using 2 x isofix your buggered unless the adult is prepare to climb in through the boot.

Registered
Hi

I've just ordered a new Jogger, but have a practical question.

If you have child seats fitted to the isofix points, how are you supposed to access the 3rd row of seats?!
I've put an isofix seat on the drivers side middle seat. Then I've put a strapped seat on the rear row. So I can pop the little one in the isofix really easy and then fold down the seat behind the passenger side middle and can fasten the slightly older one in on the back row

Registered
Sadly, could NOT pick my brand new Jogger today from Dacia. 1) the spare wheel (under floor cage, wheel, jack and wheel brace) are on back order. More importantly the boot would not close flush, so from being open you would pull it down to close but would stay ajar by about 4mm. Refused to pay until they address and resolve, and give me a lead time on the spare......

Registered
Sadly, could NOT pick my brand new Jogger today from Dacia. 1) the spare wheel (under floor cage, wheel, jack and wheel brace) are on back order. More importantly the boot would not close flush, so from being open you would pull it down to close but would stay ajat by about 4mm. Refused to pay until they address and resolve, and give me a lead time on the spare......
Oh no that's terrible. My boot is hard to shut you have to give it a big push. But today seemed a bit better. I'm also waiting for the spare wheel kit. I was told it would be at least 4 weeks. The dealer did let me know the day before I picked it but he did give me a free set of really good rubber mats which I was going to pay 拢 60 for.

Registered
Oh no that's terrible. My boot is hard to shut you have to give it a big push. But today seemed a bit better. I'm also waiting for the spare wheel kit. I was told it would be at least 4 weeks. The dealer did let me know the day before I picked it but he did give me a free set of really good rubber mats which I was going to pay 拢 60 for.
Thank you for your input on your own Jogger. It does sound like the spare wheel is a geninue supply issue, I am pleased you got some decent mats for your troubles. I will let you know how this pans out next week.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Same issue with the boot closing. Had the door open warning message and chime when I drove away. Have to really slam it to shut. Dealer has booked it in for adjustment. Apparently it's the rubber stoppers are slightly too big.

Also, one of the foot mat floor plugs was sheared off and there's way to much judder and movement in the clutch/drivetrain when pulling away. Will need some sorting, but driving it now as my part-ex has already sold!

Registered
Same issue with the boot closing. Had the door open warning message and chime when I drove away. Have to really slam it to shut. Dealer has booked it in for adjustment. Apparently it's the rubber stoppers are slightly too big.

Also, one of the foot mat floor plugs was sheared off and there's way to much judder and movement in the clutch/drivetrain when pulling away. Will need some sorting, but driving it now as my part-ex has already sold!
My clutch seems to be a touch odd as well. Very smooth then it sort goes stiff right at the release point. I've got used to it now. But was a little odd at first.

Registered
Thank you for sharing your other experiences with regards to your clutch problems and stiffness, I hope this gets resolved for you swiftly and painlessly. I did not even drive my new car, but will make sure I drive it round the block before I pay.....

Registered
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your new cars, it must be taking the shine off. It is also very concerning for me as I assumed the build quality of the new Sandero/Stepway/Jogger would be as good as any other mainstream make.

I have looked at a few different Stepways and everything seemed fine, so I am amazed you are having issues such as the door and boot closing properly.

I am amazed they released these cars from the factory and they passed dealer PDI with these issues. How apologetic were they and keen to put the issues right?

Registered
Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your new cars, it must be taking the shine off. It is also very concerning for me as I assumed the build quality of the new Sandero/Stepway/Jogger would be as good as any other mainstream make.

I have looked at a few different Stepways and everything seemed fine, so I am amazed you are having issues such as the door and boot closing properly.

I am amazed they released these cars from the factory and they passed dealer PDI with these issues. How apologetic were they and keen to put the issues right?
Good morning, the sales person and his manager were keen for my wife to sign the paperwork whilst I was outside still inspecting the boot issue!!!! She's not stupid and flatly said absolutely not. I have the older shape Mk 2 Sandero DCI 2017 and this has been faultless and gets hammered for motorway commutes and dog walking. Never missed a beat, and air con has never needed regarding etc. I have made it clear that come next week if these issues are not addressed and a good lead time given on the spare wheel I will formally reject. Which I assume is a hit for them as this car has been registered already.... Apart from that the general build quality etc does seem good. I and my fellow Jogger owners might just have had a bad initial rushed batch of cars. But indeed has certainly tainted this buying experience. The sales manager kept slamming the door harder and saying it's fine it will settle, I therefore became more vocal Infront of other customers and he quickly backed down and said we will fix it ...

Registered
Anxiety about range anxiety and forecourt battles over charging cables has meant we've put back our EV for another 3 years while Gridserve builds more capacity.

Sadly.

So the Jogger was irresistible in the end. Moonstone grey Extreme with no spare wheel due to arrive October, and no won't be whining if it takes a bit longer, or if one of the whiners drops their queue position and I get offered theirs.

As Dacia seem to be averaging around 2k cars dropped a month to the UK seems the backlog will keep growing.

Registered
From my original failed collection yesterday I now remember the mobile phone holder was missing (Comfort model). Checking a few youtube UK reviews @ Comfort and Extreme spec'd the phone holder looks like it should be right hand sidel right next to the media display.... urgh, another thing to follow up on.

Registered
Good morning, the sales person and his manager were keen for my wife to sign the paperwork whilst I was outside still inspecting the boot issue!!!! She's not stupid and flatly said absolutely not. I have the older shape Mk 2 Sandero DCI 2017 and this has been faultless and gets hammered for motorway commutes and dog walking. Never missed a beat, and air con has never needed regarding etc. I have made it clear that come next week if these issues are not addressed and a good lead time given on the spare wheel I will formally reject. Which I assume is a hit for them as this car has been registered already.... Apart from that the general build quality etc does seem good. I and my fellow Jogger owners might just have had a bad initial rushed batch of cars. But indeed has certainly tainted this buying experience. The sales manager kept slamming the door harder and saying it's fine it will settle, I therefore became more vocal Infront of other customers and he quickly backed down and said we will fix it ...
I wouldn't send it back they can sell it in 5 minutes flat. They won't lose a penny on it the prices have shot up. As I said before the dealer offered me 拢 1000 if I didn't want the car I had pre-ordered. I've seen the same one at another dealer for 2k above what I paid for it. Crazy times. My boot has been sticking open. There are two rubbers on the bottom that stick out and the edge strip is stiff. I opened and shut the boot 30x yesterday and sprayed it with silicon spray and it shuts fine now.

Registered
Hi

I've just ordered a new Jogger, but have a practical question.

If you have child seats fitted to the isofix points, how are you supposed to access the 3rd row of seats?!
You can't is the simple answer. I've fitted one isofix seat behind the passenger seat and an none iso in the third row behind the other seat. The kids like it they are separated from each other and it's easy to open the seat behind the driver and fasten him in in the back. The only problem is the third row is very high so the seat top blocks the rear view mirror. So going to play around and see what other seats are available maybe a forward facing one.

Registered
I am now happily a owner of a new Jogger. The boot issue was fixed and it now closes completely flush and without any issues. Due to the delay in the spare wheel kit, I was given an inflation kit to keep in case. No issues with the clutch that I can feel, seems to operate smoothly with no judder or jumping. One final point to add, it looks like both the Comfort and Extreme no longer are supplied with the mobile phone holder - at all. It you look at the press release preorder material it clearly says so. If you look at Dacia now there is no mention. The main dealer said of the new Joggers they had received only one or two had one, so they used this and put it in mine. Very pleased....finally.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts