UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just noticed that the 1.2 16v 75 engine is now being advertised with a slightly reduced max hp but an increase of the max speed from 97 to 101 mph. It is also now Euro 6. Does any one know what has changed? Engine mapping, gearbox ratio ( although the 0-62 is the same) or has there been a more significant development to the engine to meet Euro 6?

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I've just noticed that the 1.2 16v 75 engine is now being advertised with a slightly reduced max hp but an increase of the max speed from 97 to 101 mph. It is also now Euro 6. Does any one know what has changed? Engine mapping, gearbox ratio ( although the 0-62 is the same) or has there been a more significant development to the engine to meet Euro 6?
HaHa they must have retested it on the back of a different tow truck lmao...

·
Registered
370 Posts
When you buy a car you make choices, I choose not to put my faith in a 900 cc engine with a turbo attached, the diesel just didn't suit my journey type. I got the 1.2 16v engine and so far I find its a great wee engine, I had my misgiving at the start but the more you use it the more it gives. Oh and don't believe everything you read in reviews.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This particular 1.2 engine (1149cc) was never in the Renault 5. The 5 had an 1171cc engine, which was carried over to the early Clio. The origins of the current 1.2 engine start with the launch of the facelifted version of the Clio mark 1, in 1996. In that incarnation, the engine was a single overhead camshaft 8 valve. It was given a twin camshaft 16 valve head in 1998.

As for the original claimed top speed (97mph), I always felt it was a little low. I have had my Sandero up to an indicated 105mph, on a private road obviously. After checking with GPS/Sat Nav, which is more accurate than the car's speedometer, I found that the speedometer is reading only slightly faster than the car's true speed. So an actual top speed of 101mph seems to be realistic to me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
D4F is used by a number of cars following is an excerpt from wiki, I see no reason to disbelieve it.

The D7F was succeeded by the D4F in December 2000. It was the same displacement but added 16-valve heads for 75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp) at 5500 rpm and 105 N·m (77 lb·ft) at 4250 rpm.

Applications:

2000-present Renault Twingo
2001-present Renault Clio
2006-present Renault Symbol
2005-2010 Proton Savvy
2009-present Dacia Logan
2009-present Dacia Sandero

1 - 6 of 6 Posts