UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
A new 'large update' appeared today for Medianav (maybe also Evo?). It's a 'navigation fix,' and is currently updating my 2015/Q4 maps, country by country.

Given the er, user-hostile malarky 'intelligence' shown by MediaNav toolbox, this update may or may not be relevant for you.

It appears to be an update for the routing.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for the info my car is just a month old so will check for an update a couple of weeks before my free 90 day free update.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Mine is a used 2015 unit, way out of 90 days.

I don't think that this is a 'map' update, which we are told, requires many shekels, but some sort of free routing update, as the file downloads were labelled WesternEuropeShortest, WesternEuropeFastest, etc.

If someone else could verify it is 'free' that would help.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Mine is a used 2015 unit, way out of 90 days.

I don't think that this is a 'map' update, which we are told, requires many shekels, but some sort of free routing update, as the file downloads were labelled WesternEuropeShortest, WesternEuropeFastest, etc.

If someone else could verify it is 'free' that would help.
I just checked mine - No current updates, mine is fully updated I done mine not so long ago.

The free update for 90 days is just for 1 free map update.

Any firmware or map fix updates are always free,

You can also get a free POI update and a free postcode up date.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have just received my Duster Prestige 2016 in the UK and the maps are saying 2014 Q4 for the UK and the base maps 2013.06. I have asked the dealer before i took ownership of it to ensure the latest maps were on it. It went back in to have a rattle underneath sorted yesterday and at the same time i asked them again to check the maps, they tell me that its what they all come in with . I wanted to avoid registration straight away such that maybe i could leave it till the next map update became available. Is the dealer fobbing me off? I'd be grateful if anyone could share with me the details of the version they have. Attached is a screen shot of the map versions. The firmware version is 6.0.4

Many thanks

Mat

Attachments

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hi Matt,

The dealers do not update your maps, Ypu have to register your medianav to get the updates.

You get 1 free map update for 90 days after your car is registered, Delaying registering will not extend that 90 days.

If you do not register your medianav and update it within that 90 days you loose the free update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks for you help Nessi and the quick reply i have now updated to 2015 Q4. Lets hope there a an update before christmas and the 90 days runs out!

I was hoping that there were going to be some other bolt on bits when using the update tool but apart from selling you the maps there doesnt seem to be much else.

Thanks again

Mat

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Many thanks for you help Nessi and the quick reply i have now updated to 2015 Q4. Lets hope there a an update before christmas and the 90 days runs out!

I was hoping that there were going to be some other bolt on bits when using the update tool but apart from selling you the maps there doesnt seem to be much else.

Thanks again

Mat

Thanks again

Mat
You only get 1 map update that you have to do within 90 days, Firmware updates are free forever..
For other free updates that are available look for the free updates tab on the medianav site.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts