UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just on 500 miles in my new Duster and loving it. For me and my wife it really ticks all the boxes. Before buying we did lots of research on vehicles and dealers and ended up with a granite grey 4x4 laureate 2 quick questions 1. I was connecting the wifes bluetooth phone up and realised that there was no steering column stalk buttons and I've definitely seen this on one of the demonstrators I've tested but can't remember which one? I thought the Laureate was top of the range? 2. Whilst reading the manual it states that when vehicle reaches 72 mph the display beeps. Is this correct? I'm still running it in so only been up to 60ish, does this really happen?

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Hi Angus, if you have a Laureate you should have the steering wheel controls. A short stalk under the wheel but above the indicator one. If it's not there head back to your dealer.

Don't remember ever getting beeped at at 72mph in mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that was quick
I do have the the stalk but it doesn't have any telephone buttons on it
For answering / ending calls just volume.

And that's good news about the beeping
Even though I'm turning into more of a flat cap sort of driver, and
51 how sad is that !

·
Registered
756 Posts
The stalk on my Sandero has volume up and down, answer phone, change channels/songs, scroll up and down sat nav and change audio source, all through different buttons, have you looked at it actually by tipping your head around the back of the wheel?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
angus

the buttons are really not obvious...and are hiding.. ! :wacko:

if you look at the small steering wheel controls as described above...you have the up volume...and down volume....

between them is a more slender one....with mute, phone answer, and call end....they all happen on the same button...

you think there should be 3 buttons to do this....its just the one...and changes function when the phone is blue toothed to it,....

i was looking for more buttons....until a friend pointed this out to me whilst "sat" in George (!!) ....

If you put your head round the back of the steering wheel....you'll see the jog wheel which is at fingers reach round the back of these buttons

and which enables handsfree scrolling up and down your phone list whilst driving...again I own up to missing this function too.... :rolleyes:

if you attach the usb stick....the jog wheel also scolls up and down your playlist.

i know i'm ditsy !!!!!

hope this helps DM x

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
oh....and I forgot...!

Welcome to the forum Angus...

great to see you here...and hope you are free next sunday and can make it to Aberfoyle for the 3rd McMuster.

if not join the Scottish group...cos we will be coming you direction soon I hope

DM x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks to all.
My wife driving the car at present
And we both work funny hours so the next chance I'll get to look in the daylight won't be till Thursday
So fingers crossed . Thanks for the invite but I really do have a flat cap, it might have NYC on it but it till a flat cap!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts