UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a setting on the trip meter ( right hand side of the steering wheel settings) which is not explained in the handbook. does anyone know what it is - a long press it just goes to "off"
Font Circle Symbol Pattern T-shirt

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
there is a setting on the trip meter ( right hand side of the steering wheel settings) which is not explained in the handbook. does anyone know what it is - a long press it just goes to "off"
View attachment 37815
I have found what it is .

It is the active emergency braking symbol. This safety system can become inactive if the radar unit sensor is covered say with mud or snow. I can't see any reason why it should be turned off which is what the switch does but perhaps if the system does become compromised because of extreme weather it might reduce the engine power until the sender is cleared or the system temporarly turned off via the steering wheel trip meter switch. That's my best guess. If I'm right it should be explained in the user handbook.

Ambvol

·
Registered
49 Posts
It is described in my manual (Mk 3 Stepway) and is as follows, note the ‘?’ is the icon that appears on your display. Page 2-48.

Operation

Detection of vehicles
When driving at a speed between
approximately 4 mph (7 km/h) and
105 mph (170 km/h), if there is a risk
of collision with the vehicle in front, the
system:
– warns you of a collision risk:
The red warning light '?' appears
on the instrument panel accompanied
by an audible signal and, depending on
the vehicle, the message: ‟Brake”.

If the driver depresses the brake
pedal and the system still detects a
risk of collision, the brake force is increased.

– may trigger braking:
if the driver fails to react following the
alert and collision becomes imminent.

I have had this Icon and the message when approaching my fence a little too aggressively shall we say (above 4 mph LOL). It also popped up for no reason early in the year when starting the car, never did find out why.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is described in my manual (Mk 3 Stepway) and is as follows, note the ‘?’ is the icon that appears on your display. Page 2-48.

Operation

Detection of vehicles
When driving at a speed between
approximately 4 mph (7 km/h) and
105 mph (170 km/h), if there is a risk
of collision with the vehicle in front, the
system:
– warns you of a collision risk:
The red warning light '?' appears
on the instrument panel accompanied
by an audible signal and, depending on
the vehicle, the message: ‟Brake”.

If the driver depresses the brake
pedal and the system still detects a
risk of collision, the brake force is increased.

– may trigger braking:
if the driver fails to react following the
alert and collision becomes imminent.

I have had this Icon and the message when approaching my fence a little too aggressively shall we say (above 4 mph LOL). It also popped up for no reason early in the year when starting the car, never did find out why.

Colonelbranden

Agree with all your observations except curiously Instead of your "?" my book and the car shows the car inside a circle with the star on the circle symbol as shown on my picture. Puzzling ! My car is a 2020 Access model

I also had a strange incident recently which I attributed to the Active Emergency system. My car was stopped at traffic lights behind another car about 1.5 meters away. My car was in stop start mode. when the lights change I operated the clutch for the car to start and the brakes were applied strongly but only for a second or so . Yes the system as described shouldn't have operated but I suspect it did, perhaps reacting to the stopped car in front of me.

Thanks for your response

Ambvol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I operated the clutch for the car to start and the brakes were applied strongly but only for a second or so . Yes the system as described shouldn't have operated but I suspect it did, perhaps reacting to the stopped car in front of me.

Thanks for your response

Ambvol
Would that have not been hill start assist. As that happens on my car. It's there to stop you rolling backwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts