UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a new Sandero 1.2 Laureate that has now done about 3500 miles. Tonight driving home it started beeping at me intermittently but no lights were on on the dash. Sometimes 3 beeps in a row and others just 1. Then when I got home I turned off the engine and then turned the ignition on. The toxic fumes light now won't go off (the handbook says it should go off after 3 seconds?). Any advice? Is it safe to drive it to the dealer?

Recently I also noticed that it was revving slightly oddly for a few seconds after starting which I don't think it did when it was new. Most cars after starting go to idle pretty much straight away but mine seems to rev up for a little bit before dying down.

The last thing is I've also noticed a knocking sound that is only audible when driving very slowly and going over bumps etc. I suspect this is something to do with the shocks as if I rock the car side to side by pushing it when stationary I get the same knocking sound. Is this normal when the shocks kick in or is there something wrong also do you think?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi,

I have a new Sandero 1.2 Laureate that has now done about 3500 miles. Tonight driving home it started beeping at me intermittently but no lights were on on the dash. Sometimes 3 beeps in a row and others just 1. Then when I got home I turned off the engine and then turned the ignition on. The toxic fumes light now won't go off (the handbook says it should go off after 3 seconds?). Any advice? Is it safe to drive it to the dealer?

Recently I also noticed that it was revving slightly oddly for a few seconds after starting which I don't think it did when it was new. Most cars after starting go to idle pretty much straight away but mine seems to rev up for a little bit before dying down.

The last thing is I've also noticed a knocking sound that is only audible when driving very slowly and going over bumps etc. I suspect this is something to do with the shocks as if I rock the car side to side by pushing it when stationary I get the same knocking sound. Is this normal when the shocks kick in or is there something wrong also do you think?

Cheers.
could be the cat, or a sensor... we had an iveco van with similar tendencies when someone stole the the cat off it.
Not sure about the knocking or the revving up as mines tce, which revs up for about a minute before quietening down.
Take it back to the dealer.
Best of luck.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Get it back to the dealer and use your warranty chap that's what its there for! Also I have no idea what the problem is ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thats 2 tce owners sayimg the car revs for a minute at startup from cold.
Mine goes straight to idle in the morning.
Anyone elses do that?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Thats 2 tce owners sayimg the car revs for a minute at startup from cold.
Mine goes straight to idle in the morning.
Anyone elses do that?
what time in the morning? In an afternoon on these hot days mine goes straight to idle, I set off for work about half 4 in morning when its a fair bit cooler.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts