UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks very nice, I thought your wife was no longer going to go for a Dacia due to the issues you are having with your Jogger? Out of interest how does it feel compared to the Jogger, and is the paintwork look better quality than White, especially under the bonnet and under the car?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks very nice, I thought your wife was no longer going to go for a Dacia due to the issues you are having with your Jogger? Out of interest how does it feel compared to the Jogger, and is the paintwork look better quality than White, especially under the bonnet and under the car?
Originally she was going to, but when we went to see the C3, the car was just that bit too small in the back, and in the boot. Also, the dealer said that it’s soon to be replaced, and cheap because it hadn’t been updated, like the rest of the range. I think they were dismissive, because the C3 You is not available to order from a dealer - only online.

THANKFULLY we decided to try our old dealership - Watford, who we used to deal with. They were ace. The car was presented and prepared immaculately - no issues there. I have to say the paint quality is good and no thin bits, like the one side of my Jogger. The build quality is very good too, and it’s pretty nippy. Honestly, it’s just as good to drive as the Jogger - and a step up from the Duster.

I’m resigned to the fact that I’ve just been unlucky with my Jogger. Maybe too early in production. Had more engine woes recently, and the dashboard has developed an almighty rattle from the passenger side A pillar. It’s back at the dealer for fully sorting on the 29th.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think you were right not to go for the C3, like you say it is a run out model and has a non turbo engine with a five speed gearbox. How long did you have to wait between ordering and collecting the car?

Can the Watford dealer for your Jogger or are you forced to take it back to the dealer you bought it from?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you were right not to go for the C3, like you say it is a run out model and has a non turbo engine with a five speed gearbox. How long did you have to wait between ordering and collecting the car?

Can the Watford dealer for your Jogger or are you forced to take it back to the dealer you bought it from?
We went to order a white Essential about 10 days ago. Dacia discontinued it, but Watford had some stock cars arriving. Was offered a great deal on a Comfort in red, 1.0 TCe 90, with a spare wheel. So about 1 week to wait!

The Jogger has to go back to supplying dealer (sadly) because they fitted the accessories badly and need to redress. Also, two of the issues should have been picked up on the PDI.

If they cannot/do not fix the engine issues and rattle, it will definitely go to Watford.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally she was going to, but when we went to see the C3, the car was just that bit too small in the back, and in the boot. Also, the dealer said that it’s soon to be replaced, and cheap because it hadn’t been updated, like the rest of the range. I think they were dismissive, because the C3 You is not available to order from a dealer - only online.

THANKFULLY we decided to try our old dealership - Watford, who we used to deal with. They were ace. The car was presented and prepared immaculately - no issues there. I have to say the paint quality is good and no thin bits, like the one side of my Jogger. The build quality is very good too, and it’s pretty nippy. Honestly, it’s just as good to drive as the Jogger - and a step up from the Duster.

I’m resigned to the fact that I’ve just been unlucky with my Jogger. Maybe too early in production. Had more engine woes recently, and the dashboard has developed an almighty rattle from the passenger side A pillar. It’s back at the dealer for fully sorting on the 29th.
Apologies for the doom and gloom here here but if I were you, I would keep a very close eye on your white Jogger, especially if you've noticed paint problems early on. We've been dealing with Dacia customer services for the past month or so due to corrosion issues on a white 2018 Sandero with only 4500 miles on it and according to an Evans Halshaw body shop, it's been caused by the paint being applied too thin. The car is literally peppered in rust and even requires a replacement bonnet.

We're currently in the process of getting rid of the car due to this and strangely enough we're going to be ordering a C3 You to replace it at some point next week - to us it seems a direct replacement size wise for the previous generation Sandero it will be replacing - the TCe engine will be a miss though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies for the doom and gloom here here but if I were you, I would keep a very close eye on your white Jogger, especially if you've noticed paint problems early on. We've been dealing with Dacia customer services for the past month or so due to corrosion issues on a white 2018 Sandero with only 4500 miles on it and according to an Evans Halshaw body shop, it's been caused by the paint being applied too thin. The car is literally peppered in rust and even requires a replacement bonnet.

We're currently in the process of getting rid of the car due to this and strangely enough we're going to be ordering a C3 You to replace it at some point next week - to us it seems a direct replacement size wise for the previous generation Sandero it will be replacing - the TCe engine will be a miss though.
I quite liked the C3 You, but it is smaller inside and the engine is a bit lethargic when you’re used to the boost of a TCe.

The Jogger is having a full inspection on the 29th June, so will wait and see then. The Sandero is from the Tangiers factory in Morocco, and the quality, fit and finish of the car is noticeably better than the Jogger.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Sandero is from the Tangiers factory in Morocco, and the quality, fit and finish of the car is noticeably better than the Jogger.
Interesting as the Tangiers factory is supposed to be where the cheaper cars are manufactured, and Romania where the more expensive cars are built.

I have driven and sat in several Sandero Stepway Prestige models and they all seemed very well screwed together to me, with everything feeling smooth and well built.

I am now wondering if these build quality issues only apply to the Essential models, I have to say I have never even sat in one as dealers never have them in the showroom. I am starting to wonder if the paint (especially white) is not applied as well on the Essentials and the overall fit and finish is just not as good as the Comfort and Prestige models?

Really hope I am wrong and you were just unlucky enough to get a Friday afternoon/early production run car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting as the Tangiers factory is supposed to be where the cheaper cars are manufactured, and Romania where the more expensive cars are built.

I have driven and sat in several Sandero Stepway Prestige models and they all seemed very well screwed together to me, with everything feeling smooth and well built.

I am now wondering if these build quality issues only apply to the Essential models, I have to say I have never even sat in one as dealers never have them in the showroom. I am starting to wonder if the paint (especially white) is not applied as well on the Essentials and the overall fit and finish is just not as good as the Comfort and Prestige models?

Really hope I am wrong and you were just unlucky enough to get a Friday afternoon/early production run car.
Having spoken to another couple of Jogger owners, two with Essential models, I'm the only one with the issues. My build date was the first day after the employees had been forced off work for two weeks during a factory shutdown. Maybe that has something to do with it, or not, I don't know - but I think I've just been unlucky.

It's still a brilliant car, and the paint quality everywhere else is better than my previous Logan. The Sandero dashboard in particular is very well put together, and the Jogger's is mostly too - but the 12v socket section at the front is loose and flexes a lot, whereas on the Sandero it's rock-solid. The plastic fittings around the A pillars and mirrors are all completely flush and silent in the Sandero - in the Jogger there are gaps and again, quite a bit of flex (and now a corker of a rattle!).

Driving it today over sweeping country roads reminded me how good it is, and just how much Dacia has leaped forward with the new models - if I didn't have the list of faults and niggles, I'd be over the moon, whereas at the moment I'm just orbiting somewhere near it!

I know all manufacturers have bad moments - a friend of mine has had his £80k Merc AMG for 5 months, and it has broken down SIX times. It's by no means a rubbish car - he's just unlucky.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have just received the following email :

"Our experienced team at our Dacia factory in Tangier, Morocco will be building your car. They couldn't be prouder of being part of the production team working on your Dacia.

From the conveyor belt, your car undergoes numerous quality checks, the last of which takes place at our Import Centre in Portbury, before being transported to your retailer. "

Bit surprised as I thought all the Stepways were built in Romania, quite pleased it is being built in Tangier after reading about your car. Fingers crossed the fit and finish is as good as your new Sandero

1 - 11 of 11 Posts