UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
the car went into the garage after the 3rd breakdown on 25th April. It was in 3 hours. when the senior technician re programmed a module. You won't have any more problems I was told.

I was not told what had caused the problems except the technician said to me theres no need to press in the clutch when starting ?? How did he know that that I started the car by pressing the clutch in at the same time as turning the ignition key ?

Without knowing what caused the problem I don't know how it can be called cured, Unless the the module had some program faults that were found and the module reprogrammed. I suppose it's possible for a rogue module to escape final inspection. The technician did say that he also add a new software update. iI is possible also I suppose that my incorrect starting technique had caused the problem( pressing the clutch whilst starting)

The fault could be intermittent in which case it could re appear . !!!!!

The juries out.

Ambvol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Roger,

I posted further info on April 26 on this same forum. The car has started Ok after re programming with no faults showing in the garage on Monday. The Technician didn't give any explanation for the intermittent failures so I could assume that he could not find one. However he did tell me that Dacia had issued a software mod which he had programmed in .

I believe an intermittent fault can happen again if the reason cannot be found by examination or testing of the assembly down to component level or finding a software error.

However the technician expressed confidence that the problem would not appear again.

Ambvol

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,259 Posts
Roger,

I posted further info on April 26 on this same forum. The car has started Ok after re programming with no faults showing in the garage on Monday. The Technician didn't give any explanation for the intermittent failures so I could assume that he could not find one. However he did tell me that Dacia had issued a software mod which he had programmed in .

I believe an intermittent fault can happen again if the reason cannot be found by examination or testing of the assembly down to component level or finding a software error.

However the technician expressed confidence that the problem would not appear again.

Ambvol
Lets hope he's cracked it ! :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Lets hope he's cracked it ! :)
15 days after taken the car to the garage following No 3 failure to start and having the system checked and the program
refreshed ? I had another ESP alert on the screen and a spanner showing which stayed on .
After parking and restarting the instrument screen showed normal,

This is how my 3 failure to start began.
So far the car has achieved around 20 stop starts. for my short daily journeys

Ambvol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
15 days after taken the car to the garage following No 3 failure to start and having the system checked and the program
refreshed ? I had another ESP alert on the screen and a spanner showing which stayed on .
After parking and restarting the instrument screen showed normal,

This is how my 3 failure to start began.
So far the car has achieved around 20 stop starts. for my short daily journeys

Ambvol
ooooo no Its started again !

After three months of no faults the ESP symbol has appeared exactly as the begining of my series of no starts and having to call out the RAC.

The garage patently can't find the problem and it's just got past the three months legal period for rejection of the car .
I really like it but how can I accept a car with safety issue that the garage can't resolve.

It's only just happened and it's still running but ...........

Ambvol

21 - 25 of 25 Posts