UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
New to the forum, I ordered a new Dacia Sandero Essential sce65 at the start of September and was told delivery would be Dec or January, this seems like a long time to wait, has anyone on the forum got the same vehicle and can tell me about it. This is my 3rd sandero, present model is a 2018 sce75 ambience which drives fine, was offered a really good trade in which Renault Manchester say they will honor till delivery, so its really a no brainer.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got the Essential but with the TCe90. That sounds about right for delivery. A mate of mine has just ordered a Ford Transit Connect and they are saying next June for delivery! All because of the chip shortage.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the Essential but with the TCe90. That sounds about right for delivery. A mate of mine has just ordered a Ford Transit Connect and they are saying next June for delivery! All because of the chip shortage.
How do you find the essential.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm no car expert (this is my second car after a nippy but underpowered for lomg distance VW Fox) but I think it's a really good motor. I hope it will last at least 10 years but we shall see. If you can stretch i would go for the TCe90 as it is really good on motorways but if you don't need that then I think you've bought a good car.

What colour btw?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First one I had in 2015 was white, the car I have now is silver and I have ordered again in white glacier, if you check on you tube it looks stunning in white.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quoting 6m for all Dacia orders as per communication direct from Dacia UK, if you ordered in Sept and are being told December/January then likely the dealer had a cancellation that they could put you into or they are just lying to you and it will end up being 6m.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered my Sandero early August. Originally told delivery was due in December. Fingers crossed latest info is mid November delivery

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Romainian Sandero plant has already lost 33 days production this year. The Moroccan plant has had closures due to component shortages as well, but I cant find out how many days.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had a call from my dealer, they can give me the essential in my colour this month but with the tce 90 engine for £200 more, it sounds like a great deal but if i go on the dacia configurator this engine is not showing . Why? and should I accept.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Key word... this month,
not December, or February or March or the 12th of Never.
I'd bite their hand off. The price difference between the 2 engines is way more than 200 as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here the Essential has all 3 engines. The turbo 90 costs an extra €950 over the 65 and the bifuel 100 is €1450 more than the 65.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think the configurator is for new orders. Stock that's already on the way is different.
Dacia have recently changed specs and prices for new orders.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I already told them Im taking it, it was a cancelled order and they just need to get the car and fit reversing sensors for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just a question, I have a full size spare wheel which I am keeping, does anyone know if the wheel well on the new sandero is the same size as the old car and does the new car have a jack and wheel brace if it comes with the tyre repair kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a question, I have a full size spare wheel which I am keeping, does anyone know if the wheel well on the new sandero is the same size as the old car and does the new car have a jack and wheel brace if it comes with the tyre repair kit.
The steel spare on mine drops into the well comfortably, a 185/65/16 on 6J, haven't tried yet but I'd guess the 16" 6.5 J on the car should also fit it looks fairly spacious.
Only thing I'd check is whether the spare of your original is appropriate (offset) for the new model as I bumped into incompatibilities when was searching for winter rims and tyres.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just checked online and the hole centres seem to be the same, still need to know if the car comes with Jack and and tools of I will have to remove mine.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,051 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts