UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have taken delivery of my new Stepway 1.5 today. I love it and I have a few questions I'm struggling to find the answers to - hoping someone here can help...

- Can you turn the Media Nav on without having the radio on? (muting it effectively turns it off but I'm wondering if it can be turned off without muting)

- The seat height adjuster seems to be very stiff sometimes and either falls back down or shoots up. I suspect it may be because it's brand new and needs to wear in a bit. Anyone else had this issue?

- Is the tyre pressure chart hidden somewhere odd? It's not in my handbook or inside the drivers door. If mine's missing could someone kindly post it here please?

Thank you

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi

I have taken delivery of my new Stepway 1.5 today. I love it and I have a few questions I'm struggling to find the answers to - hoping someone here can help...

- Can you turn the Media Nav on without having the radio on? (muting it effectively turns it off but I'm wondering if it can be turned off without muting)

- The seat height adjuster seems to be very stiff sometimes and either falls back down or shoots up. I suspect it may be because it's brand new and needs to wear in a bit. Anyone else had this issue?

- Is the tyre pressure chart hidden somewhere odd? It's not in my handbook or inside the drivers door. If mine's missing could someone kindly post it here please?

Thank you
1.No, they go together.
2. Its stiff because its new.
3. I havent found it either, i'm going 2.5 bar all around.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Just a heads up re the medianav, and found by my O/H purely by accident........

With the satnav on turn the radio volume down using the steering wheel controls, when holding down to lowest setting turn the volume up on the medianav volume control on the front of the unit.....hey presto....no music but full satnav volume

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just a heads up re the medianav, and found by my O/H purely by accident........

With the satnav on turn the radio volume down using the steering wheel controls, when holding down to lowest setting turn the volume up on the medianav volume control on the front of the unit.....hey presto....no music but full satnav volume
Nice info. Will try this today

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
343 Posts
On a side note I noticed the handling on my Steppy had got very wollowy and wooly so checked tyres and they'd lost just 1psi in pressure.

In my experience lossing pressure is a common thing and always check every month but was surprised by the difference in the handling from just 1 psi loss.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but its related to sidaorbs post.

You dont need to do any fancy press this than that.

Simply turn the vol down via either the steering or on the unit. That will only turn the vol down on radio or media. The satnav will still work. If though while the satnav is speaking you can use either vol control to turn up/down the vol of the satnav. You will notice the icon on the vol display isn't a speaker.

Muting seems to mute the whole unit.

·
Registered
256 Posts
On a side note I noticed the handling on my Steppy had got very wollowy and wooly so checked tyres and they'd lost just 1psi in pressure.
In my experience lossing pressure is a common thing and always check every month but was surprised by the difference in the handling from just 1 psi loss.
I normally check my tyre pressures (and remove some large wedged stones!) when I wash the stepway,which tends to be weekly,as I find with our increasingly poor road surfaces,the tyres inevitability take a bit more of a pounding,leading to pressure loss in a shorter space of time,and with a decent bicycle 'track' pump,it's quick and easy to do.......
CM.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well I only lost 1 psi in a month but whatever your routine is. I was just relaying my findings

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not taken as a dig matey ;)

In 1 month (2,700 miles) I've lost 1 psi, checking once per week might be over cautious but as long as it's a regular routine it doesn't matter, weekly, monthly whatever.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not taken as a dig matey ;)

In 1 month (2,700 miles) I've lost 1 psi, checking once per week might be over cautious but as long as it's a regular routine it doesn't matter, weekly, monthly whatever.
I just check the essentials after I've washed the car (tyres nice and cold),and it's part of the routine my old man taught me,old habits die hard I guess.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts