UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just came across this article with plans of new shape Duster for end of 2013!

http://auto-blogger.org/dacia-duster-2013

What do you think?? By the time our own Dusters arrive it may well be on the factory line!!

Can anyone verify if this is happening or not as seems like bad timing to me?

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
It's a very dodgy english translation of some sort. I'd take it with a pinch of salt for the moment. Although bear in mind the model is already two years old in Europe, three to four years is around average for a facelift for a mainstream model.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
This is my main concern about commiting just now. If I was buying a new car I want it to be as "new" in design for as long as possible, or at least have a financial incentive to take the out going shape. Pinch of salt, agreed, but it is plausible.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Again not a major concern for me as I would be holding on to it for at least 5 years. However it is very bad marketing to introduce a "New" brand to a market proceed to get all your delivery dates pushed out and then release an updated version that same year. Surely this has to be for 2014?!?!?!?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Turbocharged 1.2 in an SUV. That seems unlikely. A 2.0 litre turbo petrol would be a logical advance with increased towing capacity. Not everyone wants an oil burner with the associated problems they can have with stop and start short runs.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Turbocharged 1.2 in an SUV. That seems unlikely. A 2.0 litre turbo petrol would be a logical advance with increased towing capacity. Not everyone wants an oil burner with the associated problems they can have with stop and start short runs.
Yes, an interesting one which I considered ever before this was brought up, in relation to a medium size car.

I actually was looking at a 1.2 turbo charged engine before stumbling across the Dacia Duster in my research.
It was a Skoda and has a 1.2 TSI petrol engine in the form of their new model the Rapid.

Seemingly the small turbo petrol engine is the future of low emmissions according to some Motor Journalists.

The Skoda blurb is ....
Turbocharged engines with direct fuel injection have flat torque curves over a wide rpm range. Thanks to the turbocharging, they have plenty of power at low rpm, where the engine is used most of the time.

In the lower rpm range, the engine is also quieter and has lower fuel consumption and emissions. Direct fuel injection enhances the efficiency of burning fuel and contributes to better engine performance.
In the end the space of the Duster and the price wins out for me even though the Skoda Rapid starts at a similar price here in Ireland.

Reactions: dorsetboy

·
Registered
431 Posts
This website also suggests an updated Duster will be released at this years Geneva motor show, just what you don't won't to read when you've ordered one

http://www.daciaduster.org/
Have you an exact link as to where you read that? I can't seem to see what you are referring to ????

Cheers

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have you an exact link as to where you read that? I can't seem to see what you are referring to ????

Cheers
Strange the link works for me? Here is the paragraph from the website
"Dacia prepares a facelift version for the Duster, which will most likely be presented at the Geneva Motor Show."

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Pure speculation, but I belive the UK spec Duster already has the updated dashboard. Maybe all it needs is the Russian syle grille and lights and you have a facelift model.

EDIT :-

You could be right Simon, maybe the UK grille and lights are the facelift, the Russian style one may be the old version, it has been around for a few years.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I have just visited a dealer which had a European spec LHD Laureate 4X2 and a UK spec Laureate 4X4, If the UK spec is not a facelift it is the next best thing, The trim and dashboard are much better quality on the UK spec car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have just visited a dealer which had a European spec LHD Laureate 4X2 and a UK spec Laureate 4X4, If the UK spec is not a facelift it is the next best thing, The trim and dashboard are much better quality on the UK spec car.
I had a look at a LHD Laureate before Christmas and the dash had an aftermarket type radio in the dash, the UK models have them integrated.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Just been reading on the MSN Cars site previewing the Geneva Motorshow:

"Word is that Dacia is planning to show facelifted versions of its Duster and Sandero models at Geneva 2013. This comes just moments after the cars have been introduced in the UK - but having gone on sale in Europe some years ago they are about due for a refresh."

Press day starts tomorrow, so we should find out then exactly what's going on.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That's a bit disappointing

So what is the silver lining ...

Well on the plus side the 2012 models in to the UK and Ireland will be fairly unique going forward so

·
Registered
535 Posts
"Word is that Dacia is planning to show facelifted versions of its Duster and Sandero models at Geneva 2013" What?! SADERO?! 2013 model and already a facelift?! That's not the case, just some poor informed journalists or they wrote without thought. There will be a facelift for the Duster in EU but nothing major. See some photos here: http://www.promotor....63/galerie-foto
The 4th model for the UK will be the Logan MCV, to be launched at Geneva.
http://www.businessc...l_pic_logan.jpg
http://www.businessc...k-fleet-rethink

1 - 20 of 26 Posts