1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above.
Dealer cannot help.
Not found in manual
When driving along normally and stop or have an enforced stoppage. Even with handbrake on or neutral selected an icon come up on the dash and it keeps bleeping.

HELP its driving me bonkers as it was always considered a bad habit to sit with the foot on the brake in trffic

·
Registered
107 Posts
When driving along normally and stop or have an enforced stoppage. Even with handbrake on or neutral selected an icon come up on the dash and it keeps bleeping.
HELP its driving me bonkers as it was always considered a bad habit to sit with the foot on the brake in trffic
On your final point, with automatic I had always left it in drive and used the footbrake, if stuck for a while I'd put in in Park, the handbrake only being applied when I'd switched off.

I'm not conversant with the CVT, but if Neutral/handbrake is not being detected the monitoring will conclude you're about to roll away, hence the alarm. Does it happen in Park ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ANDREW - I get the BRAKE PEDAL icon
zbob
Yes the dealer sales lady said the same.
they just sit there with the foot on the foot brake.
They also added may be a door, boot, seat belt sensor too.
Agree with your theory of N or P-Brake not detected so will try P
Cheers

·
Registered
Sandero Stepway Prestige Auto
6 Posts
As above.
Dealer cannot help.
Not found in manual

This could be related to the handbrake not being fully off and the car thinking that you are driving with the handbrake still on, this could be the handbrake on sensor?

·
Registered
Stepway '17 & Amb' '13 both TCe90
97 Posts
As above.
Dealer cannot help.
Not found in manual

According to Dacia Sandero / Sandero Stepway Dashboard Warning lights Meaning
This warning light means this...
Rectangle Font Circle Number Magenta

assuming the brake fluid level/float switch is OK, it looks as if you've got hand brake issue. My light (manual g/box) will come on even at very low speeds, far less than 20mph, if I put the handbrake on when the car is still moving and is accompanied by a fast beeping noise (different to the seatbelt warning beeper). If I put on the handbrake I can see below the handbrake, between the 2 adjusters, the silver top of the handbrake microswitch. I can, with the aid of a "poker", push the switch down and get the warning light to go out.
Suggest you try to hold the switch down and see if your issue is resolved.

Yes, it's a bad habit to sit with the foot on the footbrake with the car in gear (auto or manual) it puts a load on the gear train components, wastes fuel and, in the event someone shunts you in the rear, you're liable to let your foot off the brake pedal and move forward.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,334 Posts
Yes agreed 20 kph is far less than 20 mph! It is 12mph. It is in the Owner's Handbook
Yes, it's a bad habit to sit with the foot on the footbrake with the car in gear (auto or manual) it puts a load on the gear train components, wastes fuel and, in the event someone shunts you in the rear, you're liable to let your foot off the brake pedal and move forward.
Why in an auto ?

·
Registered
Stepway '17 & Amb' '13 both TCe90
97 Posts
Yes agreed 20 kph is far less than 20 mph! It is 12mph. It is in the Owner's Handbook

Why in an auto ?
Still a very slow speed what ever your system of measurement :).
I've been asked that before...
Rectangle Font Circle Pattern Writing

If you think about it for a second, I think you'll agree? Sit in an autoboxed car with the engine running (stop/start not-with-standing) it will creep forward. The energy for creeping comes from the fuel and, if you apply the brake, will be dissapated within the components of the car, mostly through churning and heating of the oil in the fluid flywheel but it also puts a load on the components of the gearbox. You've paid for the energy in your fuel and you'll pay, slightly, in wear in the gearbox components. If you're sitting with, engine running, foot on the brake and suffer a rear end bump/heart attack/wet foot slip/'confused foot' you could inadvertently move off, albeit at slow speed, into what ever is in front of you.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,334 Posts
It is impossible to disconnect the torque converter from the engine in an auto. No matter how you prevent the car creeping it is the same. If the car is stationary how can the gear box be turning?

I don't think the CVT has a torque converter it is something like a centrifugal clutch or an electronic controlled clutch.

·
Registered
Sandero Stepway Prestige Auto
6 Posts
I think the best solution is to take your car to a Dacia garage and go out with a technician who can see the issue you have and resolve this as the car is new and under full warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As above.
Dealer cannot help.
Not found in manual

I always have my foot on brake while stopped in traffic to prevent the car rolling either forward or backwards. How is that considered a bad habit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts