UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my other half has been watching this forum intently over the many, many months we have waited for our Duster.10 to be exact. So I thought as we now have it I would say hi and ask you all a question.

After months of really bad service from the dealer and Dacia CS we eventually got the call to collect our 4x4 Laureate granite grey Duster with protection pack and ECS. I won't go into the problems as I don't want to clog up the page but pretty much the same as many others on here. Dealer not giving a damn about the customer and car in a dirty state when collected especially under the mats. Also 50 miles on the clock so not sure where it had been!!

Anyway, on playing with the car today and checking through the paperwork, I can't find anything about the alarm that should have been fit with the protection pack. I can't seem to make it go off either, I locked the kids in the car and made them jump around, but no sound. I rocked the car from the outside but no sound.

Other posts on here talk about the alarm going off at odd times and how to disable it when you have a dog in the car. I thought my jumping children would be the same sort of thing!? Anyway, I thought I would ask the dealer but was told basically if I had the protection pack then it will have the alarm on it. I felt a bit like a scolded child after my phone call. I did however ask him what the make of the alarm was saying the insurance needed the name, he couldn't answer but assured me that it will go off if someone smashes a window to get in. I can't really test that can I??

Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated.

Also mine doesn't have the light display above the rear view mirror for the parking sensors. I quite liked this in the test drive model I had. The dealer told me they changed the spec of it, but I am starting to wonder whether things have just been forgotten.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi Dormsty

Welcome to the forum.

Easy way to see if you have an alarm is....there will be ultrasonic sensors either side of the windscreen plus a small button by the side of the glove compartment on the passenger side. The alarm I have is a cobra and there is also a code card supplied in the documentation.

Re the reversing sensors, does anything beep when you reverse?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, will go and take a look and see what I can find.

As for parking sensors, yes I get the beeping and they work well. It is just the visual display that is missing, which yes I liked but I can live without. The alarm however, is a different issue. It could cause problems with insurance.

Will report back when I have looked.

Thanks again. And really sorry, I think I should have put this on the other page where it says new people welcome. Sorry if this causes any offence.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just done a bit of investigating and I can see no sensors or button. I have a folder with handover documents and another with radio book and utilization handbook. I have been through these and see nothing relating to an alarm. Is there anyone out there who could post a pic of these sensors and the location of the button? Just in case I am being completely stupid.

What a great forum.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dormsty

I don't think anyone is too worried what goes where. This is a very relaxed group of folk on the whole.

I've not had reversing sensors before but am finding the very useful. The digital read out is reassuring, especially as I am still getting used to the car.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have just done a bit of investigating and I can see no sensors or button. I have a folder with handover documents and another with radio book and utilization handbook. I have been through these and see nothing relating to an alarm. Is there anyone out there who could post a pic of these sensors and the location of the button? Just in case I am being completely stupid.

What a great forum.

Thanks everyone.
Hi and welcome to group therapy ;) My previous car (Nissan) had a rear camera and I really liked it as an extra bit of reassurance - I like the rear sensors on my Ambiance even if it is only an audio warning. Just a thought - did the Dealer fit the Protection Pack? Mine did because that was the only way I could get it without a longer delay and only then if I was happy to not have the alarm as that was the bit the Dealer couldn't do. As it comes with an immobiliser I wasn't fussed about the alarm (I had another Nissan where it would go off for no reason - usually at night!!)

I'm fairly certain there was a picture of the button Micknand talks about on this forum somewhere - will try and find it.

Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.

Reactions: Dormsty

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah thanks for your help skrich, and hello.

The dealer told me the protection pack was fit at import centre and his exact words were, 'if you ordered the protection pack and that includes an alarm, then you will have an alarm on it'. I have looked for what **** told me to look for, but unless I am being really thick I don't have an alarm. Need to sort this as just told the insurance company that I do!

****, thanks for your help, and yes parking sensors are great, just watch out for things that are that bit lower on the ground.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hi and welcome.firstly try not to let these issues detract from what is fundimentaly a really good car.lt is more than larmentable that new car showrooms are spoilt by letting car sales people in[l,ve previously brought many new cars,which l,ve enjoyed,but found the actual buying experience unforfilling].to my knowledge ,as stated before,if there is an alarm fitted there should be sensors on the A pillars.l have rear parking sensors fitted[for the first time]and find them invaluable with a display under the rear view mirror that goes from green to red,plus a distance countdown.in the end if you think you've paid for something you have'nt got ,go back and kick some butt and don't be fobbed off.

·
Nurse Juju
1,342 Posts
There is that possiblity they never fitted it Dormsty :ph34r: . Get the dealer to show you.

Ah thanks for your help skrich, and hello.

The dealer told me the protection pack was fit at import centre and his exact words were, 'if you ordered the protection pack and that includes an alarm, then you will have an alarm on it'. I have looked for what **** told me to look for, but unless I am being really thick I don't have an alarm. Need to sort this as just told the insurance company that I do!

****, thanks for your help, and yes parking sensors are great, just watch out for things that are that bit lower on the ground.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Juju and mervyn,

I think you may be right juju in that it was never fit in the first place.

Mervyn, when did you get your duster? My dealer told me the red/green sensor is no longer part of the spec, just the beeping. Like I said before, I can live without this but I have paid for the alarm so should have it.

They are calling me on Tuesday to tell me the make of the alarm as I asked them and they didn't know. I doubt if I will get the call but will fill you all in when I talk to them next.

Thanks.

Enjoy your evening.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Dormsty, Your Dealer sounds from you that he should not have the franchise, You bought the car from Dacia, In my opinion the dealer is the middle man and although he has not made big bucks from selling you the car his income should come from future business . Try and improve your customer/dealer relations but if this is not possible you will have to hit Dacia directly to come to a conclusion.
I am sorry to reply to what seems to be a negative situation as from experience the service from dealers in general seems to good to excellent.
Keep in touch with the forum ,there are loads of contacts out here full of experience willing to help.

Regards
Barry

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Dormsty

Sorry to hear of your problems, especially after waiting so long for your Duster.

Welcome to the forum.

Try this to check if you have a sensor alarm.

Leave a front window open and lock the car with the remote.
Stand back and wait one minute. Go back to the car and stick your head and arms through and move about. This should set the alarm off within 20 seconds or so. I don't think the alarm will set if there is movement inside.

It sounds like you have a rubbish dealer or salesman.
If I bought a kettle, I would expect it to boil water, likewise an alarm, I would
expect it to go off if needed!

You should go straight back to the dealer and get some answers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Go back to the car and stick your head and arms through and move about.
Sound advice........ but can you get someone to film you doing this and post it please? ;) (Apologies for the flippancy - it's just a great mental image!)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hi Juju and mervyn,

I think you may be right juju in that it was never fit in the first place.

Mervyn, when did you get your duster? My dealer told me the red/green sensor is no longer part of the spec, just the beeping. Like I said before, I can live without this but I have paid for the alarm so should have it.

They are calling me on Tuesday to tell me the make of the alarm as I asked them and they didn't know. I doubt if I will get the call but will fill you all in when I talk to them next.

Thanks.

Enjoy your evening.
i agree with juju and hammerhead, the dealer is to blame, sorry to say to u but i bet theres no alarm and anyway, u need to get from them all the papers that came with the alarm, p sensors, all the manuals that came with the extras, all that should be in your posesion, instruction manualls for sensors alarm and so on

and if specifies that the p sensors has a display get one with display, get there and state ur case its ur money

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
hi Dormsty, welcome to Duster-dom....its the best Dom to be in.

I don't have parking sensors, or the alarm, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. I'm sure the guys will sort you out with sound advice....

Its a really freindly forum, and hope you enjoy being with us......hope you make it to the Tyke Muster as well....

best wishes DM

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Skrich, thanks for the pic, I definitely don't have one of those!

Antavi, I have no information on anything and on handover, the dealer told me nothing about the car. We pulled into a carpark to work stuff out.

juju and bwmact, unfortunately, I don't want to be negative but I have been dealing with the general manager of the dealership and it was he that told me the alarm would work if a window was smashed. Paying for the car took forever. I was just about to sign paperwork and they whipped it from me and said I had to pay more because they had spotted a mistake. It was nearly £300 short, I said that was a nice good will gesture for my wait but alas no I paid full price!

Gut instinct was saying this dealership is rubbish and won't look after you, however I had the car and, as like many on here, life was becoming miserable and I needed a car pronto.

hammerhead, I will do your head test this morning. I think I may wait until a sensible time so I don't wake my sleepy village. With my silent alarm that is!! No, think positive, it may work!

Hi Dusterdly, you can share my alarm if you want.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Skrich, thanks for the pic, I definitely don't have one of those!

Antavi, I have no information on anything and on handover, the dealer told me nothing about the car. We pulled into a carpark to work stuff out.

juju and bwmact, unfortunately, I don't want to be negative but I have been dealing with the general manager of the dealership and it was he that told me the alarm would work if a window was smashed. Paying for the car took forever. I was just about to sign paperwork and they whipped it from me and said I had to pay more because they had spotted a mistake. It was nearly £300 short, I said that was a nice good will gesture for my wait but alas no I paid full price!

Gut instinct was saying this dealership is rubbish and won't look after you, however I had the car and, as like many on here, life was becoming miserable and I needed a car pronto.

hammerhead, I will do your head test this morning. I think I may wait until a sensible time so I don't wake my sleepy village. With my silent alarm that is!! No, think positive, it may work!

Hi Dusterdly, you can share my alarm if you want.
listen, hes an idiot about smashing windows

u should have a remote atached to the key of the car thats 1

if u dont 99% u dont have an alarm

2nd ......... lock the car by remote if u have one or by the buton on the car s key

3rd............unlock the car manualy by turning the key in the door lock

4th ..........open the door

if nothings happens theres no alarm ......cristal clear

about the sensors of the alarm they are presure sensors meaning when engaged they read out the presure in the cabin, if thats changed by wind gust (leaving window open or breathing or draft) the alarm will go on

u should report to dacia cs this shitty dealer and this treatment that u got

1 - 20 of 57 Posts