UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Nissan are going to badge the Duster for the Indian market

http://www.inautonews.com/nissan-terrano-the-dacia-duster-based-suv-to-be-unveiled-on-august-20#.UfuON9I3vX4

The first details on the Japanese based automaker using the Dacia Duster as basis for a brand new low-cost SUV have been around for a couple of months now and it seems that the model in question is getting closer and closer to its future customers as the final production version is said to be officially unveiled in less than 3 weeks, on the 20th of August. The model will be named the Nissan Terrano and it has nothing in common with the model previously wearing that badge.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wonder, if with the recent resurrection of the Datsun range that they'll badge the Nissan version as a Datsun.

·
Registered
219 Posts
That make more sense as Datsun is going to be their budget brand so it doesn't damage the premium Nissan range

I wonder, if with the recent resurrection of the Datsun range that they'll badge the Nissan version as a Datsun.
That makes more sence as Datsun is going to be their budget brand so that it doesnt damage the premium Nissan range

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I thought the idea was to badge the car Nissan Terrano for Japan (since that would sell better than Dacia or Renault) and Datsun elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
That makes more sence as Datsun is going to be their budget brand so that it doesnt damage the premium Nissan range
Now I was reading somewhere recently (Wiki maybe - can't remember) that the 'old' Datsun marque name was dropped (how-ever many years agi) due to various vehicle issues, including rust! If that is true, oh dear! Is Datsun really Nissan's new budget branding? :huh:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it will be like the Aiygo, C1 and the 106, all made in partnership with each other and all got their badge on them, and they are all made in the same factory. My daughter has a C1 and it has Toyota stamped on the engine block.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts