1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this is my first post, I got my MCV Logan Ambiance Tce 90 last week, we traded in our 11 year old 1.4 Fiesta (a very trouble-free car). My wife finds the extra length of the Logan a bit of a challenge. I am interested in fitting a reversing camera. I am a retired engineer and quite competent to do any fitting out, but note the article ref. to a different model. is there a suitable number plate camera for the Logan?

Thanks Ted.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have Medianav.

I believe it is possible, some cars which use the Medianav do come with reversing cameras, but I've read that you need to change the software in the Medianav to Menavrus. (search on here for info, or google it)

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, This was Bigandy's thread, he know's what he's doing. I bought the same parts, this is what happens when a klutz does it.

Firstly the two screws holding the inside tailgate cover, inside the grab handle, are Torx screws. I do have a torx screwdriver. The cover is also held in by about 10 push-in panel clips. Prising it off with my fingers broke 3 of them.

The original number plate lamp assembly has a molded in bulb holder/plug, the camera/lamp assembly to replace it just has a bracket that won't hold the bulb. Also the original assembly has a rubbery surround that seals it, the replacement doesn't.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have this one installed

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/172021925137

I have medianav 4.0.3
Here you can acces the secret menu mivom and activate the reverse cam option (some people sayds it bricked there navigation)
Some says if you have the rear parking sensors it already works.

I activated it and there was no damage to my medianav.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts