UK Dacia Forum banner

No more driving like Miss Daisy!

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  chrisl300 
#1 ·
Juan Sandero is now officially run in!

After a 280 mile trek today he now sits at 1670 miles so no more driving him like an old fart!

I can fully utilise all of the horse power and max out the engine revs.

I wont be doing any of that anyway but it's nice to know I could if I wanted to :D :lol:

#2 ·
Wa-hay! Juan is all grown up now!

Only another 550 miles before Gollum joins him, and I can go over 3500 rpm - Although he steams along at 70 at less revs than that, quite happily! I am utterly amazed at the oomph these cars have!

#3 ·
I know what you mean the little 1.2 engine really does pull along well. Juan is quite happy at 75-80mph and the engine noise quietens right down as well for that extra 5mph or so.

Don't get me wrong it's not the quietest car I have ever owned but it still brings a smile to my face and I have also figured out how to play the music on my phone through the stereo via Bluetooth so happy days!

#12 ·
Really well in..i'll say with an extra 1000 miles driving like an old fart!

My book states 600 miles as well....im off to specsavers!
LOLOLOLOL

Large print version-

Petrol version
For the first 600 miles (1,000 km), do not exceed 78 mph (130 km/h) in the highest gear, or 3,000 to 3,500 rpm.
You may only expect top performance
from your vehicle after approximately
1,800 miles (3,000 km).

Diesel version
For the first 900 miles (1,500 km), do not exceed 2,500 rpm. After completing this mileage you may drive faster, although you may only expect top performance after approximately 3,600 miles (6,000 km).
Do not accelerate hard while the engine
is still cold and do not let the engine
over-rev.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.