UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a knocking sound when hard accelerating and when accelerating around corners on drivers side. It's been in garage they checked drive shaft all ball joints. Everything looks ok but they cant find why its knocking anyone else had this problem? Also it doesn't happen if I coast around a corner.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
I assume the knocking relates to the road / wheel speed and not the the engine speed. Also is it a petrol or diesel?

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
The reason for the question regarding road or engine speed is if there is a slight chance there is a problem with / loose bottom engine mount.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Back to my original thought is the knocking then related to the road / wheel speed and not engine speed / revs.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
Did the garage then check the ball joint and drop link on the driver's side, also doe's the knocking increase with the road speed or doe's the knocking increase and decrease with the engine speed / revs as you go thro' the gears.

33 Posts
If the knocking is when accelerating its when something is being put underload, try

putting your steering on full lock left and right lock, drive forwards and backwards,

get someone to help you listen, is it a knock or more of a clicking sound.

In my opinion it still points to the driveshaft cv, could be inner or outer

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
I would agree and still look at the drive-shaft joints, the other question, I have not looked at mine doe's the driver side drive shaft have a support bearing or just a vibration damper fitted as our old Scenic did had a support bearing, unless the knocking rises and falls with the engine revs as you go thro' the gears we are back to the engine mounts etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would agree and still look at the drive-shaft joints, the other question, I have not looked at mine doe's the driver side drive shaft have a support bearing or just a vibration damper fitted as our old Scenic did had a support bearing, unless the knocking rises and falls with the engine revs as you go thro' the gears we are back to the engine mounts etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I accelerate hard in a straight line I get the knocking sound, as well if I accelerate around corner both directions I get knocking, but i dont get the knocking if I coast around corner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you solve this. I have same problem. Replaced both inner and outer cv on driverside shaft but did not fix. Sounds like transmission related as knock speed relates with wheel speed more than engine. Only happen under load cant replicate parked up or on a 2 post ramp (driving the wheels).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pretty confident i got the correct ones. Used car reg and read specs to make sure i had the same. Upon fitting i compared them with old parts (check messurements with calipers) and they were same spec.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts