UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
266 Posts
Well someone’s going to have to suggest it! - Have you thought about taking it to a garage for a second opinion? Take them out for a drive (you driving), don’t know if they charge for that sort of thing in the UK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its sounds like inner cv on drivers side (long shaft behind engine). My reasons are its sounds to righthand side like down at your feet/pedals (RHD) and knocks in straight line and goes with wheel speed rather than engine speed. Also recently devolped very bad random bang that you can feel in your feet (gearbox mount to chassis area) as you re-applied throttle after a decelerating. I replaced 2x cv on the original shaft (noise still there), put old inner back on (exact same noise). Some both new and old have same noise still happening. My brain is starting to be pulled towards the gearbox final drive (because of nasty random bang that happened twice) but i would expect whines not knocks. Maybe ring gear chipped and am hearing that tooth every rotation under load. But i woukd expect diff issue to sound to the center or left of the car not the right. If i had to type the knocking under load only sound it would be "DOOWWW DOOWWW DOOWWW" not click or clunk or bang. Reminds of hammer hitting a plank lol.

Am on the fence with either buying whole new shaft (all new parts inc shaft) or try and second hand gearbox. If i put whole new shaft on and its still there then must be gearbox noise transmitting down right side only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well someone’s going to have to suggest it! - Have you thought about taking it to a garage for a second opinion? Take them out for a drive (you driving), don’t know if they charge for that sort of thing in the UK.
Yeah me and 4 other mechanical minded guys keep blaming the cv joints. We all agree its transmission (road speed knock). We all agree it coming from right hand of the car as you drive. But we expect 2x new cv joints to fix or remove noise. New cv's didnt even change the noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Engine knock when under load ? or clutch judder ?
Drives perfect other than this silly noise (which you know is not right) and a couple of random bangs felt in the floor. It passed MOT the other day with this exsisting problem (not one advisory).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts