UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I´m a fanatic about silent driving and wonder how to improve the existing noise insulation to keep the engine noise lower. Any ideas, guys?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I used self-adhesive foam sheet insulation for buildings construction purposes, for an example Armaflex-ACE-insulation.

Placed it on a firewall and in the boot, both worked great.

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
266 Posts
I too like quiet driving, but you don’t say what you’re driving. Mine’s a petrol .90tce, surprisingly quiet, even at 130km/h (80mph). Most of the noise at that speed is either road or wind noise, and I can’t complain too much I suppose, since I am really driving a box on wheels. I have however put a layer of ‘shoddy’ salvaged from our old Laguna diesel on the boot floor which might cut down on exhaust noise.
There was a thread on here a while back about adding a strip of rubber insulation around the edge of the engine bay, maybe to keep muck out, but I wonder if that would also, in some obscure way, keep the noise down?
If you can’t find what Mike4 is suggesting, there’s a choice on the internet of course. Wheel arches and under the back seat also come to mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, thin insulation under back seat helped also, but wheel arches insulation was not effective at all. Door insulation helped also. Firewall and boot insulation was the most noticeable at my previous car, Nissan Micra k11.

New Dacia Sandero Stepway is completely missing insulation in doors. Other potential noisy spots are covered fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts