UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure I have read this somewhere before but does anyone know how to get rid of the annoying noise/rattling I get when driving my Duster from start off? It is coming from the LHS dash seemingly from the vent. If I push the vent/glovebox compartment the noise stops so must be a vibration behind the dash? The noise goes when the engine is warmed up and sometimes comes from the rhs dash too.

Its driving me nuts and ruining my otherwise great driving experience. The car is an elegance, 6 months old.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is nothing worse than buying a new car and finding a rattle.I had the same problem with a rattle coming from the lefthand side of the dash in my 3 month old Duster Prestige. I took it the dealers and they found that the rattle was coming from the lefthand side A pillar which they checked out for any loose wires, they then solved the problem by putting extra sound deadening in the A pillar and I have a rattle free Duster Prestige again.

Salham

·
Registered
835 Posts
You can try wedging thin cardboard into the A pillar covers, and the SRS airbag cover to track it down (Empty the glove box first.)

After that, occasionally the wiring for the radio rattles, involves pulling the unit out and wrapping a piece of thin foam around the wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure it is the pillar covers, repso, almost certain its in engine bay or vent. Weird because it goes away when car is warmed up and on a smooth road.

Think I read that someone recommended putting some "felt" or similar between the engine and bonnet which helped.

So frustrating!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I get that (or a similar) rattle from the LHS for a short time until things have warmed up a bit, it's worse on a cold day than a more mild one but it certainly doesn't take as long as getting the engine warmed up or, even, detectable heat coming out of the vents before the noise stops.

It's a tad difficult to be 100% sure when driving but I think in my case it's the two plastic mouldings that form the main dash and the passenger side cubbyhole on top of the dash. I have found that if I reach across and prise the two apart slightly the noise stops - until I need my left hand for something else, like properly controlling the car ;)

One day I'll get around to wedging something, either a folded beer mat or a length of draught excluding foam strip, in that join to see if it cures it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I get that (or a similar) rattle from the LHS for a short time until things have warmed up a bit, it's worse on a cold day than a more mild one but it certainly doesn't take as long as getting the engine warmed up or, even, detectable heat coming out of the vents before the noise stops.

It's a tad difficult to be 100% sure when driving but I think in my case it's the two plastic mouldings that form the main dash and the passenger side cubbyhole on top of the dash. I have found that if I reach across and prise the two apart slightly the noise stops - until I need my left hand for something else, like properly controlling the car ;)

One day I'll get around to wedging something, either a folded beer mat or a length of draught excluding foam strip, in that join to see if it cures it.
Mine was the same rattle, seemed to be coming from the airbag area and I wedged the part with Duster written on it away from the cubby part but then the noise was in the A pillar. The drivers side the rattle seemed to be from the speedo surround to the air vent but now it seems to be in the A pillar as pressing it down mostly stops it. Going in Monday to be sorted and the dead medianav is going to be looked at as well. I will update when it is resolved but strangely my old Indian Duster only had the drivers air bag rattle which was sorted and it is still rattle free at just over 40K, despite them being supposedly not built as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've recently bought a 2014 Dacia and noticed a rattle noise. For anyone else looking for solutions this was the cause of mine.

The air intake component shown between the grill intake and the air filter box needed to be restrained. I used a cable tie and secured it to the small hole that you can see to the left of the red line.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any reason you've copied the link to this into four other threads, as it really doesn't help with keeping track of the answers?
Sorry, I thought I was helping.

All the posts are describing the same/similar issue, so I thought it would be best to include the link in them all so that whatever one someone lands on will include the potential solution. Save someone time digging around the various posts like I had to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've recently bought a 2014 Dacia and noticed a rattle noise. For anyone else looking for solutions this was the cause of mine.

The air intake component shown between the grill intake and the air filter box needed to be restrained. I used a cable tie and secured it to the small hole that you can see to the left of the red line. View attachment 37563
Great post sorted my problem, thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That part of the air intake pipe is connected to the air filter box & the intake in front - both of which are connected to the chassis. The engine & gear box unit are allowed to vibrate on their rubber foundations.

So I wouldn't recommend using a tie from that part of the air intake to a part on the engine. U can use anything to hitch the pipe to the air filter box or there is a plastic part behind the battery.

·
Registered
Dacia Duster 2018 1.5 diesel 115 addblue and a 2013 Sandero 1.5 dci Ambience
144 Posts
we had this in our used Sandero and it turned out to be a biro stuck between the lower windscreen and the leading edge of the dashboard. drove me absolutely nuts for weeks.

·
Premium Member
Azurite Blue Sandero Stepway dCi 63 plate (2013) with permanent dashboard illumination.
4,259 Posts
we had this in our used Sandero and it turned out to be a biro stuck between the lower windscreen and the leading edge of the dashboard. drove me absolutely nuts for weeks.
:eek::eek::eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts