UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might sound like an odd thing!

Does anybody else have a creaky seat? I have been aware of a springy metallic sound for a while. I could not pin it down as it was happening when I press on the pedals and when I am turning the steering wheel. It only came to me this week that it was the seat and any weight shift makes a noise. Is it just mine or does anyone else notice it? Yes, I know it is not the end of the world just a tad annoying when you are aware of it.....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Dunno if it is the same problem as I had, but it was the seat belt buckle. A bit of WD-40 or similar in the seat belt buckle mechanism cured it completely. Because the seat belt buckle is bolted directly to the seat frame, it was initially hard to pinpoint where the noise was actually coming from. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A common fix timeliner. My other seat noise comes and goes and no idea where it comes from exactly. Dealer looked at it too. Play in both seats. Seems a design fault

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
not withstanding or diminishing issues the folks with seat issues have had in any way....

i'm not sure its such a frequent issue to be described as "a common problem" Bang.....

only a few people (less than10) have mentioned it concerning dusters

the vast majority have trouble free seats......

·
Registered
348 Posts
A common fix timeliner. My other seat noise comes and goes and no idea where it comes from exactly. Dealer looked at it too. Play in both seats. Seems a design fault

My front passenger seat has a bit of play on it's runner, but it only rattles when I have no passenger and on a very badly potholed road. So not really a big issue for me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ditto. Someone mentioned on here their dealer said all the same. A design fault re more noise in the lowest seating setting I think too.

Both mines have play in them dealer agreed.

Not the end of the world though when far worse issues with the brand/car going on

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
As i said above .....its not a "common" problem

its been discussed on the forum before....and folk in these threads also offer the cure and the solution

Squeaky Seat

and

Rattles Developing

both in the Duster Forum from sept time last year.....if you put the thread titles in the seach box...and press forums....it'll take you straight to them

DM x

·
Registered
269 Posts
Folk have had parts replaced and still same. Dealers saying same. It's a design fault causing the issues surely you agree. If you have the issue yourself of course...

Least of my worries anyway

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not a noisy seat but a low rattle from center console has developed on mine. Those annoying rattles that occur only at 50mph+ when you can't exactly start routing about to see where it's coming from

1 - 11 of 11 Posts