UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This last few days I have noticed a grating noise in my steering, it is not there when I first start the car, It seems to appear after driving a while. I came to notice it when parking up both last night & tonight. I can only describe it as 2 pieces of metal rubbing together, there is no clunking or squealing, just this rubbing/grating noise. Do you think it is anything to worry about? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Funny you should say that Bigmally, I have a rattle from the steering wheel / dashboard area, worse when cornering. I mentioned it when I took it in last Friday for the brake recall but they said they had removed airbag and replaced it but there was nothing wrong. (So why did they remove airbag???) They also said the paperwork hadn't been completed and they would send it in the post but nothing received as yet. Some woman rang up from Renault today and asked if I was satisfied with the service I had received and when I said I hadn't received the documentation about the brakes, she wasn't remotely interested. Just wanted to know if I would recommend Renault.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Funny you should say that Bigmally, I have a rattle from the steering wheel / dashboard area, worse when cornering.
You didn't put Mikey in the glove box did you?

(No Maud, that isn't a challenge!!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, This last few days I have noticed a grating noise in my steering, it is not there when I first start the car, It seems to appear after driving a while. I came to notice it when parking up both last night & tonight. I can only describe it as 2 pieces of metal rubbing together, there is no clunking or squealing, just this rubbing/grating noise. Do you think it is anything to worry about? Thanks in advance.
Hi

I have not experienced any of those noises yet, but i would recommend taking it to the dealer for a check up.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna check it tonight as I wonder if road surface could cause it. As I have only noticed it when I park up at home, I wondered if it could be the block paving causing it. Will have to check it out on other surfaces.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'll be baggered. It must be the block paving as I have driven home from work without a sound, as soon as I pulled in the car park it started, how strange.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Funny you should say that Bigmally, I have a rattle from the steering wheel / dashboard area, worse when cornering. I mentioned it when I took it in last Friday for the brake recall but they said they had removed airbag and replaced it but there was nothing wrong. (So why did they remove airbag???) They also said the paperwork hadn't been completed and they would send it in the post but nothing received as yet. Some woman rang up from Renault today and asked if I was satisfied with the service I had received and when I said I hadn't received the documentation about the brakes, she wasn't remotely interested. Just wanted to know if I would recommend Renault.
Brake Recall? not heard about this can you elaborate?

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Doug. On 5th April mglover posted on the Forum about a recall. I rang the garage about my dashboard rattle and they said they were about to ring me anyway regarding a brake recall. When I picked the car up after the work had been done, they said they would post the paperwork to me, so I assumed it would record what had been done and I didn't bother asking. But the invoice came today and there is no mention of the brakes so I am afraid I have no idea what has been done. Regards Linda.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Big Mally Got my invoice from Renault today (they didn't charge a penny by the way so that was good) - they removed the airbag and checked all fittings, everything was correctly installed, they tested it against another Duster and found that at low speeds, there is some noise due to design and operation of driver's airbag. As you say, it only occurs on certain surfaces so it seems to be nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers 'm' Dears, that's good to know...........Dougal, I think it was the Duster that had the recall on the brakes not the Sandero.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
319 Posts
Cheers 'm' Dears, that's good to know...........Dougal, I think it was the Duster that had the recall on the brakes not the Sandero.
Yep that is what I am seeing now as well just saw it posted here and wondered. incidently can anyone who has a Sandero Laureate confirm the presense of a Glove Box light (the brochures say they are fitted to the ambience and laureate) mine doesn't have one fitted! no real biggy but you know what they say.

Regards Doug.

PS Just considering now wether to swap out the stereo or not to a DAB enabled one? and which Alloys to get for it also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep that is what I am seeing now as well just saw it posted here and wondered. incidently can anyone who has a Sandero Laureate confirm the presense of a Glove Box light (the brochures say they are fitted to the ambience and laureate) mine doesn't have one fitted! no real biggy but you know what they say.

Regards Doug.

PS Just considering now wether to swap out the stereo or not to a DAB enabled one? and which Alloys to get for it also.
Hi Dougal.

Actually i don't have a light or it is not turning on in the glove box. It is a minor thing but i need to investigate further.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have one in the boot either but then again I only bought the access................. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Brake recall!!! Which models are affected please? Also regarding glove box light see my post on protection pack woes...push and you shall receive

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brake recall!!! Which models are affected please? Also regarding glove box light see my post on protection pack woes...push and you shall receive
You're more likely to get a better answer on one of the Duster threads toggy as I don't think it affects the Sandero.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi again guys. Yesterday my steering column started to do some small noises as well, but i think it is only in one position when adjusted. Also the driver seat if pushed all the way to the back does some "gremlin noises", but if you move it a little bit and lock it in a further away position it stops.

All this together with the irregular power delivery from this 900cc engine are starting to get me a bit worried. :unsure:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good Morning

I am new to this Forum, however, having had my Sandero 1.2 16V Ambiance now for 2 months, and having now done 2000miles, i thought i may share my observations with you,

my car also suffers from a rattle from the steering column when turning at slow speeds on poor road surfaces,{read pot holes etc,} would appear to be a common problem, reading between the lines, the car is booked in with my dealer Harratts of Wakefield,this coming saturday, for a few other issues, which i will report on later, i will update this report when i have had their response.

regards

1 - 20 of 22 Posts