UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an issue today with the car refusing to start. A warning flaged up saying I had to ''place card on zone then press the start''. Not a clue what that meant. Looked in the Handbook under ''operating faults...engine will not start'' and their is this...''place card in the recess provided for this purpose on the centre console''. By this time I twigged what a card is, but no recess. Rang the dealer, told to ring recovery. The guy from recovery tried to find this ''recess' on the phone but not able. Meantime after 40 minutes of this the car started, no problem.
I have to say at this point it really is better if you know how to look up any problems you may have in the User Manual. I was looking on the wrong page, confused with the page number given.
If you have problems with the Smart Card, could be the battery or a signal from a phone then the car won't start. In that situation place the Card below the Handbrake. Their is no recess but a symbil and a diagram of that is on the page 2.7 in the Handbook
It's worth keeping this in mind, save you a whole lot of hassle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All seems like utter nonsense to me, I mean why? And how is this progress?
This is progress in the fact it's a lot easier, cheaper for manufactures to fit these system's. That progress is for the benefit of the manfacturer. The point is these system's are fine when they work and just hope Dacia have not skimped with cheaper more unreliable systems. Time will tell
I'm not Tech savy, ''place the card in the zone and press start'', you may as well be talking a foreign language. The professionals did not know either (RAC). I wonder if their was anyone who new about this, shout out if you did. I would assume their are similer recovery system's in other make of cars with these so called cards, so it must be known.
I've had a few similer issue's with starting with this car but always got going again quickly except for this. Last week went to start the car after overnight parking and flaged up ''flat battery''?? I did get going and took 20 minutes for the battery to charge up fully on a run.
I'm pleased with the car but it needs to be more reliable, if not it's on it's way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts