UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a plan........ Hmmmm, that is usually an expensive thing to treat myself to..

Everyone on here probably knows I like the rugged chunky look of the stepway and have modded it accordingly so far, so here is the next instalment. Can't locate any of the number plate light brackets anywhere other than the land of oz but am trying to source something like in the pics below. The led spotlights are already on their way. Here are some pics. I didn't want to go down the expensive bullbar look so this is the ideal cheap alternative.

View attachment 6150

Or

View attachment 6151

With these little babies mounted

View attachment 6152

Any ideas where I can get the brackets in this country or anything that with work similarly well?

Cheers

????

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I have spent the last 3 weeks searching for both those items in the UK and so far are without luck.

I have pretty much the same idea but with rectangular spots, I've got all the bits but its just the mounting that is a pain.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
I'm working with these at the moment and will be putting some bits together late January - hopefully, i'll have them on the car with lamps attached for the marvel or ridicule of everyone else

Attachments

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
well, sort of - split bracket into two pieces....one piece bolted to metal bumper (behind plastic bumper) with turn up behind grill other piece bolted to it and passing through a slot in the grill as you suggest.

I also found this for £50

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Great minds think alike.....
I know that Devon4x4 do the brushed aluminium mount but it's about £80. In Australia they are only $30(aus)!!
Have you found anything out???
Maybe we can both order from oz and share postage?? Are you in South Wales too or have I got my wires crossed?
Wires not crossed, I am indeed in the southern land of sheep (not the one where small people throw rings into mountains).

I may have found a way to remove the upper gril without removing the whole bumper but I've not had the time to check yet :)

But, the £50 option seems tempting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Ger and all

Just got a Bushranger Night Hawk X-Bar off of ebay for £35, new without box, all mounting screws still sealed in plastic bags!

Will show you how i get on with it when i have some spare time to fit it!

Geraint

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thought I'd revive this thread as I've recently fitted a LED light bar and number plate fixing bracket similar to the one in the 1st post.

I purchased a Sealey DLB02 bracket : http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?id=20&method=mViewProduct&productid=18555 available for under £30 delivered if you search Google

And a light bar from Ebay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371486568537?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT best offer price of £35 was accepted.

I wired the lamp up so it only comes on with main beam, and also I fitted a separate switch so it can be switched off independently. (As the lamp isn't "E" approved it's for off road use only hence the extra switch).

IMG_20160301_115125.jpg

IMG_20160301_115108.jpg

IMG_20160301_115057.jpg

IMG_20160301_115217.jpg

I still need to fine tune the bracket to adjust the light beam however the power & brightness of the light is very impressive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did look at that style but I was concerned that it would leave a straight flat edge protruding from the front of the vehicle.
Probably frowned upon by MOT inspectors and police officers, that's why I chose the round bar type.

·
Registered
39 Posts
ah good point................i was thinking about this for Mr Geraint as he mentioned not being able to source one from the UK

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Geraint,

It was all easy enough to fit, I did it with the bumper in place. You remove about 6 torx from along the underside of the engine tray and it folds down allowing you to get your hand behind to attach fixings. The top fixings I feel could be better & I'm going to change these to rivi nuts to make it more secure (you have no access behind the top fixings unless you remove the bumper).

I used coach bolts for the lower fixings & they help keep the surface as flat as possible, and their fully hidden by the number plate.

The wiring was straight forward & I used a pre wired kit from Amazon, the hardest part was running a wire from the engine bay into the cabin as I fitted an in-line switch so it can be turned off independently.

If you'd like any further pictures or have any questions let me know & I'll do my best to help.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Rectangular would look good imo, more discreet and different. Can't say I've seen that done yet. Look forward to seeing the finished article.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...I'd vote for round Hellas...

Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...oh yes please: they really do look the business!...

Joe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts