UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Duster has been sitting at the garage for almost 2 weeks and I can't take it away! Why? Because the spare wheel cradle parts are on back order and the DLA say that you can't register a new Dacia with a cherished plate LOL what a load of rubbish.

I phoned today and the DLA have now agreed that you can do the aforementioned so now for a 10 day wait to have the car registered and parts say that the spare wheel cradle that they ordered was missing a few parts that are now on back order.

I will eventually get my car some 4 weeks after it arrived at the garage assuming that it takes less than 14 days to register and find the missing parts.

NOT A GOOD ADVERTISMENT for efficiency.

Any similar problems?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Bannockburn. My car has been at the dealer for two weeks now waiting on my plate being transferred. Have you any idea what the issue is when transferring a bespoke plate? I've been so frustrated with the dealer, thought he was just 'pulling my chain'!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are huge delays on cherished transfers at the DVLA right now, we have had deliver loads of cars on 13 plates and put the private plates on retention just to get them out the door, normally cherished plates are handled by the local DVLA offices within 5 days, for some reason they are sending all transfers to be dealt with at Swansea and they are now estimating minimum 2 weeks delay from when they receive the paperwork from your local office.

I Wouldn't like to guess how long it would take to get the spare wheel cradle, on back order means it'll probably be coming from India, I would take delivery without it if I were you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to Dacia dealer today and he confirmed that the registration will take 10 - 14 days for a cherished number because the local offices of DVLA won't carry out that business and send everything off to Swansea.

HoldenDacia I will take the car without the spare wheel cradle if it has not been added during the wait for the registration documents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts