UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel nuts that is!

I'm not a big fan of locking wheel nuts and was pleasantly surprised to find a set of standard nuts in the glove box of my new duster. I'll be swapping these over tomorrow.

If you have a 4x4 with alloy wheels you also get a set of nuts to fit the spare (steel) wheel (the nuts for the alloy wheels must surely be different).

DSCF3805_zpsbd504218.jpg

Graham

·
Registered
217 Posts
My Laureate 4x2 came with locking wheel nuts and a key thing in the box with the other spare bolts, have just ordered a spare set of steel bolts to go with the spare steel rim that ive ordered as im not a fan of that puncture/repair inflator kit that was in the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 4x2 laureate came with them as standard, I also ordered the spare wheel kit, which was fitted today, this also came with 4 standard wheel nuts too! Spare kit comes in a nice little holdall which has plenty of space for other bits so the boot stays tidy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can use the wheel bolts that came on my Duster Access with steel wheels, on new after market alloy wheels please?

Also, thanks Karl for being so helpful and supplying the mudflaps, much appreciated.

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can use the wheel bolts that came on my Duster Access with steel wheels, on new after market alloy wheels please?

Also, thanks Karl for being so helpful and supplying the mudflaps, much appreciated.
No reason why not my friend :)

Belated welcome to the forums btw!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
the nuts for the alloy wheels are usually longer cause of the profile of the rim than the ones for the steel rims

and who orders alloy wheels for their dacia gets one of these sets

this is happening in romania but also i reckon in the uk also

and even if u buy aftermarket alloys they should come with the right set of nuts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
My dealer told me the same thing that Antavi said, the spare uses different size nuts.

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

the nuts for the alloy wheels are usually longer cause of the profile of the rim than the ones for the steel rims

and who orders alloy wheels for their dacia gets one of these sets

this is happening in romania but also i reckon in the uk also

and even if u buy aftermarket alloys they should come with the right set of nuts
Thanks, I spoke to my local tyre supplier who said that the wheel bolts are different - also the new wheels did arrive with a new set of bolts. Happy now!

Reactions: antavi and Troute
1 - 14 of 14 Posts